Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No SIM in the phone

Options
  • 14-12-2011 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

I've noticed lately that my HTC Desire HD looses contact with the SIM and the phone requires a reboot to work again. For some reason almost every time I go out and use the phone in the cold weather - come back in and no contact with SIM? Anybody else having similar issues or is it just my phone that does not like the cold :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

its possible you might have a faulty sim. the first thing i would do (assuming theres no obvious physical damage to the sim slot on the phone that might explain it) is to pop into your local phone shop and get a replacement sim card. there should be no charge if they replace your current one as faulty.

- ask that they copy your contacts from your old sim to your phone first if you dont know how to.
    - your number, account, credit, etc will all be uneffected by this

Advertisement