Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

does anyone know anyone who works in radio????

• 14-12-2011 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

i manage a band and i want to get one of their songs on the radio as many stations as possible

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Tom Dunne, Dave Fanning, Ryan Tubridy, Tony Fenton.

They're just a few I can think of off the top of my head that work in radio. There's plenty more though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

i manage a band and i want to get one of their songs on the radio as many stations as possible

if you are in Artist Management why are you asking here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,594 ✭✭✭✭L1011

my friend wrote: »

Because he's not in "artist management", he's someone's mate they've appointed as manager for their pub band?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭tinyjiney

my friend wrote: »

:rolleyes:.....i cant help picturing Del Boy in this " band manager" case.....:)

Try Nova's Sunday school..or Pat James ..Off the record...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Tis awful Joe! They cant sing, they cant play, they look awful...Tis a disgrace Joe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I know one of the guys in Newstalk, he married a neighbour of mine... But I'm not gonna be pestering him about a band that I dont even know..

I think the OP would be better approaching the DJs directly..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

tinyjiney wrote: »
    :rolleyes:.....i cant help picturing Del Boy in this " band manager" case.....:)

Try Nova's Sunday school..or Pat James ..Off the record...
    Ha ha, down the local community centre using a tin of USA biscuits as a drum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭real rocker

You need to research the radio stations as to their music genres - having done that send your demo ( or release ) to the appropriate stations Head of Music or Programme Director. You then need to be patient.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

You should send your cassette to Dave Fanning, RTE Radio 2, Donnybrook, Dublin 4. If he likes it your "beat group" may be offered a session, have they played the Dandelion Market yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Get the hot press year book OP. They're all listed in there with contact details, email etc. Create a spreadsheet of them.

Next open a mailchimp account, import your spreadsheet, you now have a mail list you can use, so that you only send the one mail @ it hits everyone.

Also, know your market. No point in sending a hard edgy sounding track to 98fm, (for example).

Be warned though, the radio industry in Ireland is extremely small & incestuous. You'll be hard pressed to find anyone on a commercial station willing to play an unsigned band. They can't risk listeners changing channel.

(I used to work in radio)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

iMax wrote: »

Be warned though, the radio industry in Ireland is extremely small & incestuous. You'll be hard pressed to find anyone on a commercial station willing to play an unsigned band. They can't risk listeners changing channel.

(I used to work in radio)

There are specific shows that do this, though. I used to do one.

Just make sure the track is good overall, and recorded to a pretty high standard.

iMax is right re general shows, though - it can be really hard to get a non-mainstream band airplay......and then once someone takes a chance they all jump on the bandwagon.

The most recent example would be Ryan Sheridan, and I can't even remember what station took a chance on his track - I know I would have if I'd still had that show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

If ye do pisspoor comedy tracks with some out-of-date jokes thrown in, talk to Joe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

OP, are you Dan Boyle by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Make a video of it and post it on youtube, boards and any other place you can. It doesn't have to be professionally shot, you can just make your own with pictures instead of video.

Create a Facebook page for the band, and a website. Spread the song via facebook to your friends, their friends and so on.

Set up a Twitter account and do the same.

Send it to various internet radio stations worldwide, see if they play it.

Once the song starts to go viral inform your local radio stations of it, send it to their facebook and twitter accounts and so on.

You should also send a hard copy CD/tape to every radio show that plays that genre of music in the country.

See what happens, but there are far more ways of getting your song out there than a few years ago, try to use them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

europa11 wrote: »
    If ye do pisspoor comedy tracks with some out-of-date jokes thrown in, talk to Joe!

Giftgrub has the market cornered. Waste of time, Rosenstock runs the funny-voices, terrible parody song biz in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

bijapos wrote: »
    Make a video of it and post it on youtube, boards and any other place you can. It doesn't have to be professionally shot, you can just make your own with pictures instead of video.

Create a Facebook page for the band, and a website. Spread the song via facebook to your friends, their friends and so on.

Set up a Twitter account and do the same.

Send it to various internet radio stations worldwide, see if they play it.

Once the song starts to go viral inform your local radio stations of it, send it to their facebook and twitter accounts and so on.

You should also send a hard copy CD/tape to every radio show that plays that genre of music in the country.

See what happens, but there are far more ways of getting your song out there than a few years ago, try to use them.
    So your suggestion is to spam the shite out of everyone? Good way to make people hate you from the get-go.

Advertisement