Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Telecom introducing NGB?

• 14-12-2011 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭

over the weekend gone there (saturday morning), i was experiencing speed issues with my broadband connection, i swapped out routers and internal phone line cables to try and nail down the culprit, seemed the issue wasnt on my end. later on that evening my broadband went back to normal, EXCEPT for one thing!

i checked the router page and whereas before my line was synching at 11+MB/s down, now it seems to be synching at 8+MB/s down. effectively speaking my speed has been downgraded. i am currently on the 10MB/s for €40 a month package.

then, monday morning, coincidentally enough, i got my smart telecom bill, and included in the envelope was a leaflet advertising smart telecom NGB for €40 a month, no congestion, etc.

it didnt offer any different to what i was getting already and now im just wondering was my broadband profile changed in preparation for this? im also wondering did anyone else receive this leaflet or has their speed been reduced?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

I thought that when Digiweb took over SmartTelecom, ST ditched any of the Eircom resold packages that they were selling and concentrated on their own LLU packages.

If you didn't qualify for the LLU packages you were directed to Digiwebs products.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

i didnt realise they ever had any eircom resold packages, i thought their LLU was all their own from the beginning, then when they were at risk of going under, Digiweb took them over, hence on any speed tests now where it used say smart telecom, it says digiweb... :confused:

i've had them since the days of the free line rental offer about a year after they started up, the minute they came to the limerick area, what's that, about six/seven years ago now?

i tried to find that leaflet earlier to get a scan but theres nothing about it on their website or in their support forums. this is the first time i've had any kind of an issue with them, hence why im so reluctant to go to UPC or any other even though i know UPC provide far better value... :(

Advertisement