Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange internet connection drop with UPC TWG870 modem

Options
  • 14-12-2011 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

I have the UPC TWG870 cable modem.

My PC is connected directly to the modem and my wife has been using our Powerbook (Wireless g) without any trouble until now.

One weeks ago I bought an Asus eee 1011px (Wireless n) for our son and now every time the Asus is restarted or come back from sleep, the internet connection drops for 1 or 2mn. It looks like the activation of the wireless n cause the cable modem to recycle the internet connection but the modem itself does not restart.

I have been changing some wireless settings without finding one that could solve this problem. :confused:

Any clue? Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

The exact same thing is happening to me when a wireless device connects. The router reboots then you can access the web without any problem. I've an UPC engineer calling at the weekend but I'm not sure what use that will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

Dhenalau wrote: »
    I have the UPC TWG870 cable modem.

My PC is connected directly to the modem and my wife has been using our Powerbook (Wireless g) without any trouble until now.

One weeks ago I bought an Asus eee 1011px (Wireless n) for our son and now every time the Asus is restarted or come back from sleep, the internet connection drops for 1 or 2mn. It looks like the activation of the wireless n cause the cable modem to recycle the internet connection but the modem itself does not restart.

I have been changing some wireless settings without finding one that could solve this problem. :confused:

Any clue? Thanks.

Yep, noticed this problem also. I had to disable the 'n' mode on the router and kept it at 'g' as it was killing the internet connection for the majority of my 'g' wireless devices. Since switching to 'g' only mode, working fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Dhenalau

A quick update. I change the Netbook network settings to use a fixed IP address and this seems to resolve the problem. I'll do more testing this weekend.

Advertisement