Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burnaby Pub Greystones

Options
  • 14-12-2011 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

What people's opinion of the Burnaby Pub on the main street in Greystones, it would be interesting to get an over view of what people think.

I think it lacks serious atmosphere, and is like having a drink in your own kitchen, it could do with a good proper revamp. Sure on a saturday night its empty at about 11. In the location it is in it should do great trade

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Totally agree with you...;)

it could be a great venue, but its sucks the life out of you... the bar men always seem to have some sort of "bad form" face on them... was in there last christmas eve no atmosphere... no music no nothing.... would rather not go out then venture in there..... not saying it has to be loud or cracy... just some atmosphere would be nice.... :cool:

Many of my mates in greystones feel the same its lacks a good pub....

I was speaking with an older gentlemen last night outside Supervalu... he said the same Burnaby could be great, but instead its terrible... even he agreed a new pub would make all the difference...:p and he was in his later years.... with all the young people living in Greystones its shocking it doesn't have some decent pub!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

awww....not another "how sh1t is the burnaby pub" :(

well if everybody is saying it... maybe it must be true! :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 274 ✭✭The Durutti Column

cocker5 wrote: »
    well if everybody is saying it... maybe it must be true! :o

"Everybody"? All two of you?

"Everybody"? All two of you?

well .... as i stated in my post... none of my mates from greystones will go there... ages ranging from 28 - 35.... would even rather the horse in hound...

and the fact thats its empty most of the time explains alot... so IMO actions speak louder than words. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

Agreed
    ;Looking forward to the opening of the new place.

Love the "new" Horse and Hound and the Willow in Kilpedder.

have to say the new owners of the horse n hound have done a great job.... and its packed with a good atmosphere most weekend...
    they guy who plays the guitar is pretty good too!

hopefuly the new pub will breath a bit of life back into the greystones pub scene!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 18 topher

i think your right cocker5, but the 'new' horse and hound still has a smell a bit like a nursing home, and only good for one or two drinks and the sports bar beside it is still full on <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

topher wrote: »
    i think your right cocker5, but the 'new' horse and hound still has a smell a bit like a nursing home, and only good for one or two drinks and the sports bar beside it is still full on <snip>

Please don't call people names again on this forum

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I would have liked if the Burnaby had kept some of the old layout. The "new" one is just too open plan and doesn't encourage the fun or the closeness that used to be there.

Saying that though the old layout was too cramped and squashed - maybe a mix of the two...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

only thing I like about it is the beer garden on a hot summers day, sipping pint bottles of bulmers with ice ..
    damn, am thirsty now !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

This has been talked about many many times on this forum.

Do a search and you will find all of above 3 times over. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement