If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quote for Samsung Smart TV

Options
  • 14-12-2011 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hi,

Am interested in a new Smart TV. Have done some research and I like the look and features of the Samsung ones.

Can you give me a quote for the UE40D7000 & UE40D8000

Which one is the better option in your opinion?

Also, what comes with it? Glasses, Blu Ray .....

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭padraig91

Posh Boy wrote: »
    Hi,

Am interested in a new Smart TV. Have done some research and I like the look and features of the Samsung ones.

Thanks.

math would suggest the UE40D8000 is 1000 better then the UE40D7000

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi,

Thanks.

..But maths doesnt always make complete sense..

Both are beautiful but the 8000 series does have the slim real metal bezel, however there are really no other significant specification diferences..

The 40D7000 is: £999.95 including a 5 year warranty and £50 of on-demand content (may be UK only!) and on top of that there is a 'Cash back' of £100 direct from Samsung..which brings the price down to £899.95 net.

The 40D8000 is: £1099.95 and again all the terms and conditions are the same so it nets out at £999.95...

Both available for delivery ...

Keep me posted..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Posh Boy

Thanks for that John.

I'll ignore the ignorant troll comment from padraig91, clearly the 91 is not reflective of his IQ.

As I live in the republic are the cashback options different? I've had a few retailers here say its 100 euro cashback with them, just don't want to lose out.

Also, I know the 5 year warranty is 10% of the price of the set, what are the delivery charges to the deep south?

Trying to work out an overall cost for the set.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks for that John.

I'll ignore the ignorant troll comment from padraig91, clearly the 91 is not reflective of his IQ.

As I live in the republic are the cashback options different? I've had a few retailers here say its 100 euro cashback with them, just don't want to lose out.

Also, I know the 5 year warranty is 10% of the price of the set, what are the delivery charges to the deep south?

Trying to work out an overall cost for the set.

Ah Padraig is only having a bit of craic ( at least it keeps everyone amused while we're trying to get everything answered )

The Cashback is via a prepaid sterling credit card so there is no problem getting it - (and the way the YoYo is going it may be the only hard currency we have left ....eek...) You will have some REAL spending power at last..

The 5 year is via Samsung and is included free of charge in the pricing as above and delivery on either unit to DuBerlin is £39.95..

Thanks again and keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.