Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Insurance

Options
  • 14-12-2011 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭

anyone know of any deals with general house insurance? got one last year with TSB with 3 months free

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

Auvers wrote: »
    anyone know of any deals with general house insurance? got one last year with TSB with 3 months free

Try 123.ie...due to cutbacks I have reviewed all my insurances and have found they have beaten everyone hands down and are so efficient and helpful

House insurance ....half my previous policy and much better than anyone else

My motor and wifes motor...huge reduction

Mortgage protection...at least 30% better than best of the others

Also if you combine motor with house etc you get further discouints

Nothing but good comments about them from me

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Be carefull with mortgage protection policies.

Alot of them are more or less "legal scams" (as said by a FLAC solicitor),where they (insuirance companies) get out of paying you any reasonable amount of money in the event of you losing you,re job or becomming ill and not able to work..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

These cheap polices are all well and good,but you have to check the fine print for things like "excess" amount and what you are actually not covered for.

Beware of what you go for,and do not sign up to anything or pay out for any policy without 1st reading an actual hard copy of the policy details.

So many people get caught out by signing up over the phone or online,without actually asking for a hard copy to be posted out to them 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

paddy147 wrote: »

Alot of them are more or less "legal scams" (as said by a FLAC solicitor),where they (insuirance companies) get out of paying you any reasonable amount of money in the event of you losing you,re job or becomming ill and not able to work..

You won't get a mortgage without a mortgage protection policy, perhaps you are confusing it with an income protection policy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 noital

paddy147 wrote: »

Mortgage protection pays out on death. Your describing income protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Auvers wrote: »

We had tab last year but this year it was too dear. We got the best quote from The AA this year they were 200 cheaper than tsb

Advertisement