Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dissapearing window boxes in Bray

• 14-12-2011 5:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know what happened the window boxes in Bray? - they have all disappeared from a lot of the shops

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Does anyone know what happened the window boxes in Bray? - they have all disappeared from a lot of the shops

Plants don't grow in winter, they wither and die, so they take window boxes down. The brackets are probably still up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Yeah I would presume they are brought in by the council for safe keeping/ maintenance etc.

Wait till the spring and if they are not back than they have run out of money altough I don't see that happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Plants don't grow in winter, they wither and die, so they take window boxes down. The brackets are probably still up.
    Not all plants die in the winter .. there are some colourful flowering plants that will grow in window boxes at this time of the year such as cyclamen and winter pansies like I have just outside of my front door right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Alun wrote: »
    Not all plants die in the winter .. there are some colourful flowering plants that will grow in window boxes at this time of the year such as cyclamen and winter pansies like I have just outside of my front door right now.

.....sheltered from the Winter gales by your house or hedge or garden wall etc. I'd say the council/shops don't want to be sweeping up compost, shredded plants and pieces of broken planters that have blown down from their exposed positions every other week.

Advertisement