Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skyrim - Price drop

Options
  • 14-12-2011 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭

Hey up,

Now that Game have dropped their price for Skyrim from €49.99 to €25, is anyone else pissed off that they have beef slightly ripped off. Dont get me wrong it is a great game but it would of been a better game at €25. If only I had waited one more week.

Doh.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

padair wrote: »
    Hey up,

Now that Game have dropped their price for Skyrim from €49.99 to €25, is anyone else pissed off that they have beef slightly ripped off. Dont get me wrong it is a great game but it would of been a better game at €25. If only I had waited one more week.

Doh.

Meh. I paid 45 on release day in HMV and have nearly 60 hours put in to it. There ain't many games that give you that much entertainment for what you pay so I can't say I feel short changed at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

If it was any other game I'd agree, but tbh for Skyrim I would gladly have paid €100 for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

padair wrote: »
    it would of been a better game at €25.
    Doh.

No, no it wouldn't have been. It would have the same quality game at a cheaper price. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I haven't bought Skyrim because I'm (a) snowed under with work and many other games and (b) waiting for the inevitable GotY version with all the DLC, dragon armour etc in a year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Is it €25 in Game everywhere? That's a big drop. Still completely worth it at 50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Nevore wrote: »
    No, no it wouldn't have been. It would have the same quality game at a cheaper price. :rolleyes:

I am talking about the PS3 experience ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Why did they droped price like that? It's out less then a month. GameStop were selling pc versions for 50!! Madness!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

It just a loss leader to get people into game, if you feel ripped off by this you should feel ripped off by absolutely every single game you have every bought that has been available anywhere at any time for any amount less than you payed.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Why did they droped price like that? It's out less then a month. GameStop were selling pc versions for 50!! Madness!

The only logical explainiation I can come up with is because intital sales were so good, the software used by Bethesdas bank cannot support any more zeros. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

marco_polo wrote: »
    The only logical explainiation I can come up with is because intital sales were so good, the software used by Bethesdas bank cannot support any more zeros. :pac:

those damn rich bastards. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

marco_polo wrote: »

They've already met their targets and now want to increase the user base who will buy the next edition?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

laugh wrote: »
    They've already met their targets and now want to increase the user base who will buy the next edition?

Yeah I'd say that is that the real reason alright, every TES fan is now in possession of a copy so it is definately a good oportunity to increase the fan base before the hype completely dies down, also at that price is bound to find its way under lots of Christmas trees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

A lot of people in college and school would have been planning to buy it at full price once their exams were over.
    I got it at the original price. I dont care about its reduction because I am happy with what I got for what I paid as it is. I would only feel cheated if I had already been feeling some sort of buyer's remorse.
    If you were bothered and bought it within the last week or so you might be able to persuade them to give you money off another game or something - if your speechcraft skill is decent anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

same happened with Fallout 3, my ex flatmate bought it for 22.99 just before xmas the year it came out, was out about 4 weeks at that stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

You effectively paid a 20e tax for wanting it NOW. If you're pateint and stay behind the curve you can get all games for cheaper than their initial price. Stay 6 months behind release dates and you'll buy everything for 15-25euro typically.

It's why I never understand why people buy games they aren't going to play immediately. They buy it for full price and only get around to playing it when it's gone cheaper anyway. are they worried it will sell out never to be found again?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Sarn

This always happens with games. Generally I pick them up for a fraction of the price a couple of months after release. It's only when I really want something immediately that I pay the premium. In this case I was lucky enough to pre-order it for €32 on PC. So not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Sarn wrote: »
    This always happens with games. Generally I pick them up for a fraction of the price a couple of months after release. It's only when I really want something immediately that I pay the premium. In this case I was lucky enough to pre-order it for €32 on PC. So not too bad.

exact same situation as myself

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

It seems that the offer has expired (in GAME in Limerick City, at least) - I didn't check all platforms, but it's back to normal for the PC version and I assume the price change would be consistent between platforms.

It's just a damn shame that they had no stock of the game (on PC, I don't know about PS3) for the whole week, and only got in 5 copies (I think) on Xbox360...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I don't buy games on release anymore. I wait for the inevitable DLC edition or else get it a few months down the line for 15-20 euros. I've not got the money to get new releases :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Had a look in the Ilac about an hour ago and it is 39:99. Think I will wait for the next price drop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Anybody noticed a price drop anywhere apart from game, I want it, just not at the 50 quid shops demand for it. It may be worth it, but the cash is better off in my pocket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

nice one , i didnt bother buying this at release because I only had a ps3 a few weeks and already had dark souls, arkham city and uncharted 3, any sign of a price drop for dark souls

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,898 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

i think this has gone back up to 50 euro, was in GAME today and all the 24.99 labels were torn off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

King Krib wrote: »
    Anybody noticed a price drop anywhere apart from game, I want it, just not at the 50 quid shops demand for it. It may be worth it, but the cash is better off in my pocket.
    amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Elder-Scrolls-Skyrim-Xbox-360/dp/B004G5YW5O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324334665&sr=8-1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

Skyrim £131.79 I think I will wait for the price drop again :P

amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Elder-Scrolls-Skyrim-Xbox-360/dp/B004G5YW5O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324334665&sr=8-1
    That's cheap, I'll be ordering that after crimbo.

amazon

That's cheap, I'll be ordering that after crimbo.
    Typical really, the game is gone up to over 30 sterling now, should've ordered sooner

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

spotted the big dragon statue edition in GAME in limerick for 85 quid, you'd be gutted if you spent 150 or whatever it was on it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Unless I really, really want a game I generally wait for the inevitable Steam Sale. Think I only paid about €25 anyway so pretty much a steal at that price.

• Advertisement
Advertisement