Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

But its cold outside

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

neilc wrote: »
    Fair play to ya Anne getting out in that weather, it was horrible up the road in blanch at lunch. Think I'll hit the treadmill myself tonight (wuss) :D

+1 on this, I'm def taking the wuss option of the gym.

Times and training are looking great at the mo Anne, as RK says you may surprise yourself on the day. What's the course like, heard its tough enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

My office is in a basement and i didn't realise it was so bad until i was heading out the door...and to be honest i nearly turned back...but i have Core & condition class later so it was lunch or not at all......never dawned on me to go to the gym here in work and do it on the treadmill:o

It was a bit like the end of DCM last year, i was so wet i didn't even manage to do any stretches and ended up burning myself in the shower as my skin was so cold:eek:...but its done now!!

Hey you guys need to HTFU:D:D

Neil when will you hear??
    Thanks Shaz...a surprise would be good!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Anne you are nuts going out in that weather... rain on its own i can handle, wind on its own i can handle, put the two together and i bail :D Fair play to you missus. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭BobMac104

:eek:nice

Younganne wrote: »

Jeez you put a supportive message up and this is the abuse you get....mods...:eek::D

• Advertisement

shazkea wrote: »
    Jeez you put a supportive message up and this is the abuse you get....mods...:eek::D

that is support too;):D (heavyhanded support);)

that is support too;):D (heavyhanded support);)

Mmmmmm it's not working :p. I'm watching the waves here in Malahide and going not a flipping chance I'm heading out in that. Will watch it from the window of the gym instead. Nice try though :D

Friday 27th April - 6.5m in 1:03:28 @9.46

I didn't get out for a run yesterday..it wasn't wet enough;)

so headed out today instead. I had company for this run which was great and also i had no Garmin so my companion give me the stats for distance and time...i really enjoyed this run and it definitely didn't feel like 6.5m...I suppose that's the advantage of having company and no Garmin on a run:D

We headed up the North road (for a change there was no strong cross winds today:)), to Mounjoy cross, down Ordanance Survey road, Upper Glen road, Millitary rd, Wellington Road, Chesterfield Ave to the back of the Zoo (is this the Lords Walk? and back out onto North road back to out starting position!!!

It was deceivingly warm out there today, but with a nip in the wind that really lend towards sleeves to cover the arms...i hate having cold arms:o

Totals:D
    WTD: 17.40m
    MTD: 80.43m(don't think i'll manage the 100m this month, but i'll get close!!)
    YTD: 327.41m

Nice one anne. Definite nip in the air alright. I won't be putting away the long sleeves just yet.

it was so warm i had the jacket tied around me but had short sleeve underneath so compromise was cold arms!!

• Advertisement

Ahh not so warm out here beside the seaside :)

It was deceivingly warm out there today, but with a nip in the wind that really lend towards sleeves to cover the arms...i hate having cold arms:o

T

Looks like someone needs to follow their own advice :p:D

Thank you Shaz...do as i say, not as i do....is another one:D

ye funny day out there today, sweat pouring off me and ice cold arms....(maybe it was last nights alcohol and not sweat:eek:...

Thank you Shaz...do as i say, not as i do....is another one:D

ye funny day out there today, sweat pouring off me and ice cold arms....(maybe it was last nights alcohol and not sweat:eek:...

Oh forgot you are Novice Leader now...sorry boss :D. Wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of you in case you give us some rotten interval session to do ;)

no no no no ...shaz that's your saying ....i've "heard" you saying it loads of time!!!!!...don't be making me out to be a monster...i just want to be your friend :D (great idea though):D

no no no no ...shaz that's your saying ....i've "heard" you saying it loads of time!!!!!...don't be making me out to be a monster...i just want to be your friend :D (great idea though):D

Tis a wise saying alright :)...you can borrow it anytime

Saturday 28th April - 7.11m in 1:15:30 @ 10.37/155 with 10 x 1min hills Garmin

I have a headache all week which i put down to lights being too strong in a new office i've moved into...the penny dropped yesterday and have realised its my Sinus at me again:mad: this happens every few months and can take up to 3 weeks to clear at a time so off for Sudafed after the football Blitz this morning. The first set of tables started working this evening so off for my hills I went. As promised to myself last weekend i went for my "bigger" hill and i really enjoyed it.

I didn't force the pace too much, just concentrated on keeping upright and pumping the arms. I managed the 10 with only the 9th one really hurting.. some of the recoverys were walking, some walk/jog, then I went on to do 3.32 miles afterwards at a lovely easy pace!!!

Splits:
    1.17m in 11.54 @ 10.10/147
    Hills
    1 .13m in 1.09 @ 8.36/161 with 1.38 recovery
    2 .13m in 1.06 @ 8.49/168 with 1.53 recovery
    3 .12 in 1.04 @ 8.57/166 with 1.48 recovery
    4 .13 in 1.02 @ 8.18/169 with 1.58 recovery
    5 .12 in 1.03 @8.32/164 with 1.45 recovery
    6 .12 in 1.03 @ 8.27/171 with 1.44 recovery
    7 .12 in 1.04 @ 8.42/172 with 1.51 recovery
    8 .13 in 1.04 @ 8.24/169 with 1.53 recovery
    9 .13 in 1.05 @ 8.40/171 with 1.42 recovery
    10 .13 in 1.05 @ 8.28/172 with 1.51 recovery
    Followed by
    3.32m in 0:34:15 @10.19/157

WTD: 24.51m
    MTD: 87.54m
    YTD: 334.52m

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Great running Anne, You love those hills

Dave love is a bit strong:eek:, but i have to say i enjoy them, moreso today because i didn't kill myself on them!!!

Going to have to start putting more of an effort on those hills myself I just bloody hate them. You will start to see the benefits of those hills come race day.

• Advertisement

ye looking forward to Boyne 10k to see what i can do! and it will be my first race since getting the Garmin where i won't let it determine my pace...i'm just going to go for it......:eek:

right i'm neglecting the kids...must hound them off to bed!!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭madon

I think we'll hear during the week about collecting race numbers but if you (or anyone) needs numbers collected I'm working in Drogheda all day Friday and Saturday.

Thanks a mil for the offer Madon...i'll probably pop over on Sat as its only 30mins drive...might doa bit of window shopping...its all i can afford:(

Sunday 29th April - 12.75 m in 2:10:21 @ 10.14/160 garmim

I couldn't get out for this run until this evening so i headed to Navan as i was afraid my country road would be a bit dark by the time i was finishing...i knew i needed at least 2hrs because i'm such a slave to the numbers that i want to do 12+ m so as to bring monthly total up tp 100m.

Got to my mams house and headed out the door just as the rain was starting...and it never stopped:eek:....the wind in parts was really bad and the hail was horrible hitting me in the face but i was determined to get this completed!!!

I started off too fast:eek: oh theres a surprise!! but it was so cold i just kept going, but i paid for it in the latter miles!!! the splits gradually get slower until i was practically crawling with my head ducked into the wind with 1m to go!!!! But as usual as soon as it was finished i was delighted i didn't cut the run short...i'll sleep well tonight!!!

9.49/154, 9.42/157, 9.37/161, 9.58/165, 9.57/157,
    10.04/162, 10.08/160, 10.38/164, 10.37/160,
    10.33/157, 10.40/162, 10.48/161, 10.31/162(.75m)

WTD: 37.26m
    MTD: 100.29m:D:D
    YTD: 347.27m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Well done Younganne. You're going to have to change the name of your log :D

Bally8 wrote: »
    Well done Younganne. You're going to have to change the name of your log :D

ye i'm thinking ... But its RAINING again!!:D

Tuesday 1st May 2012 - 1st day of "Summer":eek::eek:

and guess what ...ye its raining again...but off i went anyway!!!

5m in 48.25 @ 9.41/169
    Himmed and Hawwed about going out, but knew i wouldn't get out later so decided to just go for it...after all if it were a race i'd just have to go!!!

Not too bad once we got going..had company again today and i love this lark of running with someone else. I have done 99.9% of all my runs on my own since i started running a few years ago..Billy nomates:confused:

We splashed our way around North rd, up to Castleknock Gate..(my partner actually ran up and touched the pillar:eek:) and back down Chesterfield ave. no signs of any "suspicious packets":eek:

The pace was a bit too fast(certainly not recovery) and i kept trying to reign her in but obviously didn't do such a good job...I also have to learn to talk less as my breathing was all over the place!!! (I might give a few others a run for their money in the talking stakes);)

9.40/161, 9.39/171, 9.46/170, 9.31/172, 9.47/174

I was just thinking the other day that anyone can check the weather on any given day by reading my log..it seems to be an important part of my training description!!:D but then again...look at the title:D

WTD: 5.00m
    MTD: 5.00m
    YTD: 352.27m

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

ye i'm thinking ... But its RAINING again!!:D

Tuesday 1st May 2012 - 1st day of "Summer":eek::eek:

and guess what ...ye its raining again...but off i went anyway!!!

VERY wet and windy out by the sea here also but as you say it's fine once you get going. Extra bragging rights for running in this weather:D

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Dont chat Anne. All I ever seem to talk about in work is the weather. I'd give Evelyn Cusack a run for her money.
    I was running in the park at lunchtime yesterday and was extra friendly to all runners as I knew you run at lunchtimes there. Looks like you wernt out yesterday though - all that smiling for nothing :D

Ah SunflowerRo....i don't think i'll be there tomorrow either but due back in Thur....i bet you made lots of peoples day!!

I just had the most painful sports rub ever:eek:...my IT bands(both of them) are in bits, felt like he was sticking glass into my legs.....heres hoping they get better now!!!

• Advertisement

Going for the painful sports rub next Monday. Kind of looking forward to it. Legs need it badly

Advertisement