Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

But its cold outside

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Great report Anne. Goes to show the tempo runs etc really stand to you. That's how you get those great PBs. Fair play!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭BobMac104

Great report Anne and PB! showed some fierce determination with that headache. Hope it passes soon. you'll smash the 50 next time out i have no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭madon

Great race Anne- I think you can count yourself in the sub 50 category now, its only a matter of formally getting the time.
    Yeah the start was terrible, an awful lot of walkers started up there, I found the ramparts was a disaster too, if people ran two a breast you got stuck behind them.
    So well done on such a great time in not ideal race circumstances:)
    And next time I'll give a big wave although i don't know if i'd recognise you- I really only seen your number and was pushed forward nearly straight away by the woman who stood on my ankle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Well done Anne. Great reading

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

:D:D voice of an angel... I have been described as many things but that is a first ;) you did great. You will definitely smash that sub 50 on the next outing. Well done again Anne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Nules10 wrote: »
    :D:D voice of an angel... I have been described as many things but that is a first ;) you did great. You will definitely smash that sub 50 on the next outing. Well done again Anne

nearly said voice of the Devil...but then i decided to be nice:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Congrats on a great run Anne, delighted you got your PB, amazing how only 1 second can annoy us runners:)
    Hope the headache is lifting, it's probably down to all your hard work in the mentor's thread;)
    Great report, I could feel your headache!

Marthastew wrote: »
    Congrats on a great run Anne, delighted you got your PB, amazing how only 1 second can annoy us runners:)
    Hope the headache is lifting, it's probably down to all your hard work in the mentor's thread;)
    Great report, I could feel your headache!

Thanks Martha...but.i have a feeling believe that headache hasn't even reached the horizon yet:eek:

I haven't run since the race on Sunday...the exertion from the race brought on the worst headache i've ever had...its sinus related but i couldn't shift it....taking painkillers atm for it which kills it for a couple of hrs in the evening but its back again by the next morning...antibiotics to clear sinue infection should hopfully clear it up.

I'm going to do the Simon Cumbers 6k race this evening but i won't be killing myself(well, it is a race after all, but i'm guaranteed a PB ;).
    I just want to do it as I knew Simon and he was a great guy!!

Younganne wrote: »
    I haven't run since the race on Sunday...the exertion from the race brought on the worst headache i've ever had...its sinus related but i couldn't shift it....taking painkillers atm for it which kills it for a couple of hrs in the evening but its back again by the next morning...antibiotics to clear sinue infection should hopfully clear it up.

I'm going to do the Simon Cumbers 6k race this evening but i won't be killing myself(well, it is a race after all, but i'm guaranteed a PB ;).
    I just want to do it as I knew Simon and he was a great guy!!

Anne sounds miserable. Mind yourself don't over do it.

• Advertisement

Well I decided I was going to do this race and as I've never done a 6km before a PB was guaranteed:D

Got there nice and early and collected my number, I was conscious that i hadn't done any running since the 10K race last Sunday so i headed out onto the track to do a bit of a warm up....1.08m @9.52/158...did a few stretches and tried to keep the kids amused as they were cold. started to get a bit cold and then my eldest said that everyone was gone...the start was up the road a bit and as i looked i realised there were very few left around the clubhouse:eek:..Stripped off the outer clothes and jogged up to the start(.34m @ 9.54/154)...was standing chatting to a few people i hadn't seen in ages and met my brother and lined up beside him and his girlfriend.....We noted a yellow line on the road and commented that they would have to push everyone back...a man stood up on the side of the ditch:rolleyes: and was saying something...no idea what he said and next thing off the race went :eek:

so of course off i hared after them...stupid me:o.....went out way too fast.....and soon realised it so pulled it back a bit...the first mile slightly uphill and was 7.39...started to feel a bit sick so settled into it and tried to regulate the breathing... second mile was better at 8.00, 3rd mile was pretty similar @ 7.57, as i got closer to the end i put all i had into it and the finish was 100m on the track and i sprinted the 100m to come in at 29.09 on the Garmin(think i might have been a second too slow starting it as the distance is 3.71 instead of 3.72!!)...Chip time gives gross and nett as 29.20 so i'll take the 29.20 and happy to have finished sub 30....:D

11th in F40:D

lovely tea and sambo after!!!

Garmin

Totals:D
    WTD
    :5.13m
    MTD:30.06m
    YTD:377.33m

well done anne. maybe you will get that first place after all ;)

Nules10 wrote: »
    well done anne. maybe you will get that first place after all ;)

I'll race you for it;)

I'll race you for it;)

:D ahh sure i wouldnt even get off the starting block ;) i could chase ya instead :D

Time to update the PB's ...

Distance| 5k |6k| 4m |10KM |10m |13.1m | 26.2 |
    PB Time| 25.38|29.20| 33.40 | 54.00 50.00|92.12| 1.57 1.54| 4.27|
    Date| Dec 2011| May 2012 |Sept 2010 |May 2012| Aug 2011| March2012|Oct 2011
    Aims| 25.00 24.20|28.50| 32.00|49.50|90.00 85.00|1.50| 3.59.59|

I changed a few of the aims:)

Well done Anne. You're firing out the PBs these days!

Thanks:D some of them wouldn't be hard to beat anyway...heres hoping it continues!!!

Well done Anne. Great running lately, if you don't mind you might leave some pb for the rest of us:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭scriba

Brilliant stuff Anne, hard core in fact! Hope your head pains have eased up. :)

Another great race. Loved the "felt a bit sick" bit. Well done. Hope the head is good after it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭beeduybe

Well done Anne. Another great performance. Sorry you caught me off guard when you said hello and I never seen you then after that.

beeduybe wrote: »
    Well done Anne. Another great performance. Sorry you caught me off guard when you said hello and I never seen you then after that.

Thanks Barry, no panic, i didn't see you after the race either, i'd say you were home and showered by the time i got in;)...you're flying these days...great race, well done. pity it was so cold, my cheerleaders weren't too happy with the cold:eek:...

are you starting Block 2 next week...i missed last week , headaches too bad to go again, but hoping to be able to get back to it Wednesday!!

Headaches starting to ease i think, not sure if its the antibiotic working or the fact i'm taking painkillers for them...
    i haven't been out for a run since the race on friday, as my IT bands (mainly the right) and both my hamstrings giving me a bit of trouble so decided to rest up and get a rub. So Tuesday evening the wonderworker will be calling to my house to work his magic:D and then i'll build back up

...only 6 weeks to go before i attempt the P&D 55mile 18 week plan for DCM 2012:eek:

...only 6 weeks to go before i attempt the P&D 55mile 18 week plan for DCM 2012:eek:

Bloody hell is that coming around again. Don't know what plan I will follow this year. How many days running is 55 miles a week

Dave it starts of week 1! with 4 runs... total 33 mile.....i've no problem doing 33m in a week but in 4 runs....

Tue - 8m with 4 @ 15k to half pace, Thur - 9m General Aerobic(15- 20% slower than MP), Sat - 4m recovery Sunday - Medium Long run 12 m.

3rd week into the plan it moves to 5 runs....the only problem i have with it is trying to fit longs runs in during the week...might take a bit of working schedule/with work & kids etc....I am planning on putting full plan onto excel sheet when i get a min and set out plan fully with races etc...., i'll send it to you...

Theres 3 x 20m LSR

Jesus that looks tough. Don't know if I could do that. I may have a look at drawing up a plan tomorrow.

If you don't mind would you throw an eye over it for me when finished

No bother but some of the more experienced lads may be better....you can't beat Hals intermediate 2...if P & D isn't working out for me within a couple of weeks i'll be switching over to it.

Im sure the Improvers Marathon thread will be starting soon..we'll all have to hope into that!!!

And i think Ecoli will be posting a marathon plan for us too!!!

I was thinking of P&D too Anne but i'm a bit worried that there are so many long runs mid week that I know I wont have the time for. I had a look at the HH Advanced 1. I think there are 6 days training but I was half thinking of dropping one of the mid-week ones (the Monday run). Its either that or give up full time employment to pursue my olympic marathon dream :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭beeduybe

Thanks Barry, no panic, i didn't see you after the race either, i'd say you were home and showered by the time i got in;)...you're flying these days...great race, well done. pity it was so cold, my cheerleaders weren't too happy with the cold:eek:...

are you starting Block 2 next week...i missed last week , headaches too bad to go again, but hoping to be able to get back to it Wednesday!!

Thanks. Didn't notice the cold before or during the race but it hit me pretty soon afterwards.

Yeah I'll be back for more punishment on Wednesday evening. Hopefully I'll see you there.

• Advertisement

I was thinking of P&D too Anne but i'm a bit worried that there are so many long runs mid week that I know I wont have the time for. I had a look at the HH Advanced 1. I think there are 6 days training but I was half thinking of dropping one of the mid-week ones (the Monday run). Its either that or give up full time employment to pursue my olympic marathon dream :D:D:D:D:D

Do you think any company is looking for a few new sponsporship projects...we could volunteer??:D:D...i'd give up F/T no problem but only if someone would keep paying me so i could eat to keep the energy up for all the training!!;)

Advertisement