Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

But its cold outside

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Nice to see the F40 club growing :D Happy birthday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Thanks guys for the birthday wishes...does this mean that my times can now get even slower:D

Neil definitely meet up soon, had a great party thanks...chest inf is still sitting there but not bad enough for Doc and not good enough to run iykwim...... maybe a run would shift it but i'm afraid to go out in case it develops into something worse...might chance a walk at lunchtime, i have the gear with me ad the sun is shining...so we'll see.....

Will try out Garmin Link later at home...can't log Garmin at work, machine locked down!!!

ok im popping in and out of Boards all day and annoying myself:( so i am going to step away from Boards :eek:for a few days and not think about the running and then see if i have improved by the weekend to start this years running!!!!

Went through my diary and did the final tot for 2011

Overall total was 540.22...:D
    i know in comparison to some on Boards thats not alot but for me it is so i'm delighted with it and going to improve on it for this year!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Good stuff Anne. Happy belated b-day and hope you're feeling better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

Younganne wrote: »
    ok im popping in and out of Boards all day and annoying myself:( so i am going to step away from Boards :eek:for a few days and not think about the running and then see if i have improved by the weekend to start this years running!!!!
    I feel your pain, went back to the doctor today myself and am starting another 7 day course of antibiotics. Can't seem to shake this chest infection at all. So at least another 7 days before I can get my first run of 2012 in.

Bet ya won't be able to stay away for a few days :D
    Went through my diary and did the final tot for 2011

Overall total was 540.22...:D
    i know in comparison to some on Boards thats not alot but for me it is so i'm delighted with it and going to improve on it for this year!!!!!
    Great milage Anne, what's this years goal ?? 1000 ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭captain P

Hope you start feeling better soon Anne :)

neilc wrote: »
    I feel your pain, went back to the doctor today myself and am starting another 7 day course of antibiotics. Can't seem to shake this chest infection at all. So at least another 7 days before I can get my first run of 2012 in.

Bet ya won't be able to stay away for a few days :D

Great milage Anne, what's this years goal ?? 1000 ??

Hi Neil, i hope you are feeling better soon and can get back on the road....

i managed to stay away for a day or two but only because i started feeling so much worst and had to go see GP

I have ear, throat & chest infections ( and i suspect a kidney one now also) so won't be doing any running for at least another week. Doc said it was fine to run but i really wouldn't have the energy as the body is using all the energy to fight the infections...only the last two days have i lost the interest in trying to get out for a run so think the body was telling me HTFU:eek:

Mileage for this year...I would love to get to 1000m and don't see why not if i keep training like December...i had 4 good weeks continous mileage similar to pre DCM so just need to pick it up a bit when i get settled again in a week or so!!!

ok...hoping to get back "in the saddle runners";) this weekend......

I Started reading P&D Advanced Marathoning last night as i got it at christmas and OMG there is some good stuff in there.
    It gives a great explaination to the elements of training and how you can improve some...but nothing you can do about others....its really making me want to get back to my training.....hoping to follow the marathon plan for the up to 55m per week 18 week plan!!!

so its 20 weeks to Cork Marathon and i haven't run in two weeks so hoping to start back Monday
    2 weeks to get back training and getting the mileage up to decent standard and then kick off the 18 week plan.....

i hope i will be able for it...i only followed Hal Hidgons novice plan for DCM 2010 & 2011 and i'm hoping i'm not biting off more that i can chew...maybe i should try HH intermediate plan first and leave P&D till DCM 2012????

Thoughts anyone on P&D being too advanced for a novice...(i suppose the hint is in the title of the book??)

this is the outling of a plan forming in my head atm
    • Raheny 5 - 29th Jan...hopefully
    • Meath Spring Half Marathon - 4th March
    • Cork Marathon 4th June....

Anyone else thinking of Cork or any other marathons????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

ok...hoping to get back "in the saddle runners";) this weekend......

I Started reading P&D Advanced Marathoning last night as i got it at christmas and OMG there is some good stuff in there.
    It gives a great explaination to the elements of training and how you can improve some...but nothing you can do about others....its really making me want to get back to my training.....hoping to follow the marathon plan for the up to 55m per week 18 week plan!!!

so its 20 weeks to Cork Marathon and i haven't run in two weeks so hoping to start back Monday
    2 weeks to get back training and getting the mileage up to decent standard and then kick off the 18 week plan.....

i hope i will be able for it...i only followed Hal Hidgons novice plan for DCM 2010 & 2011 and i'm hoping i'm not biting off more that i can chew...maybe i should try HH intermediate plan first and leave P&D till DCM 2012????

Thoughts anyone on P&D being too advanced for a novice...(i suppose the hint is in the title of the book??)

this is the outling of a plan forming in my head atm
    • Raheny 5 - 29th Jan...hopefully
    • Meath Spring Half Marathon - 4th March
    • Cork Marathon 4th June....

Anyone else thinking of Cork or any other marathons????

I'd say Hal intermediate for Cork and P&D for Dub but I'm no expert! Either way good luck with the training.

Take it handy coming back over the next week

shazkea wrote: »
    I'd say Hal intermediate for Cork and P&D for Dub but I'm no expert! Either way good luck with the training.

Take it handy coming back over the next week

Thanks Shaz...will take it handy....planning 3 x 3m and slow run of 60 min next weekend and will then decide if entering Raheny or not

1st week of 55m plan is for 33m which is more than i'm use to so will check out Hal's and compare them and then decide!!

• Advertisement

1st week of 55m plan is for 33m which is more than i'm use to so will check out Hal's and compare them and then decide!!

Hi Anne
    For what it's worth my progression was
    1st - HH Novice
    2nd - HH Intermediate 2
    3rd & 4th - P&D 55m 18 week within 5 weeks of each other.

My advice would be go with HH's Intermediate 2 for Cork, read and learn from P&D in the mean time with a view to doing the 55m 18 week for Dublin.

printed off HH Intermediate 1 today but will look at intermediate 2 and see the difference...thinking about P&D i knew it was a bit too much for me yet, but hope to "grow into it".. hope your new training plan is going ok and you stay injury free!!

(Dec is dancing Cha Cha in Strictly Come dancing fundraiser for football club in Trim Castle hotel next weekend, Fri 20th if you were interested in an interesting!!!:eek: night out. Let me know and we can keep tickets for you €20 each...great band (Catch 22) on afterwards)

(Dec is dancing Cha Cha in Strictly Come dancing fundraiser for football club in Trim Castle hotel next weekend, Fri 20th if you were interested in an interesting!!!:eek: night out. Let me know and we can keep tickets for you €20 each...great band (Catch 22) on afterwards)
    Yeah seen that on your facebook. To see Declan doing the cha cha would be worth the entry fee alone :D
    Not sure if we can make it though, have to get tyres for the car this week, NCT Friday. Will let you know later on in the week.

16th January 2012 - 3.14m, 30.50mins, 9.47ave pace, 163 avgHB

:D at last i got my first run of 2012 in....went for a 3m at lunch and have to say its a beautiful day out....

i ran the first mile with a friend that is builing up mileage and is doing great with 4.7m completed but she found the pase a little too much for her so she droped back and i went on to finish at my own pace

Distance=ave pace/avg HR
    m1=10.30/151
    m2=9.36/167
    m3=9.16/174

i really enjoyed the run and looking forward to next one....

my plan for the week is to build back into it and take if from there
    Mon|Tue|Wed|Thur|Fri|Sat|Sun
    3m| rest|4m|75mins Kettlebells|3m|rest|60min|

Totals :D
    Wtd: 3
    Mtd:3
    Ytd:3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Good to see you back in full health Anne. looked like a lovely day alright for a run

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

hoping to follow the marathon plan for the up to 55m per week 18 week plan!!!

so its 20 weeks to Cork Marathon

Trust in P&D, I followed it for the first time for Cork last year and it was fantastic to be so well prepared, I ran up past 22 miles feeling as strong as a horse, unfortunately for Dublin I got carried away and added loads of miles and workouts and basically burned myself out:(.

Good Luck with Cork, it's a good race and the tshirt I got last year is still my favourite!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Good to see your back Anne. Enjoy training for the Marathon I cant even think about Marathon training yet. Best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Good to see you back Anne and those splits were brilliant for your first day back. There will be no stopping you this year!

Mr Slow wrote: »
    Trust in P&D, I followed it for the first time for Cork last year and it was fantastic to be so well prepared, I ran up past 22 miles feeling as strong as a horse, unfortunately for Dublin I got carried away and added loads of miles and workouts and basically burned myself out:(.

Good Luck with Cork, it's a good race and the tshirt I got last year is still my favourite!

What colour was the tshirt??:D
    I think i will leave P&D until the Autumn as i just don't know enough yet about lactic threshold and Vo2 etc so need to read the book, understand what i'm trying to do and take it from there. I have decide to do the HH intermediate plan and see if I can stick to that as my most ever weekly miles to date has never risen over 40 despite following two marathon plans before...so think i will do this in 2 stages...Spring marathon HH and Autumn DCM P&D
    Thanks for the vote of support

Good to see your back Anne. Enjoy training for the Marathon I cant even think about Marathon training yet. Best of luck with it

Thanks Dave, i find it easier if i am following a plan to keep me motivated to get out running...doesn't always work but it helps. Have to say thought since DCM 2011 i have been doing regular running and that is an improvement and down to having the DCM withdrawals thread/ecoli giving weekly plans & the sense of Comradery with the posters on the thread iykwim
    Good to see you back Anne and those splits were brilliant for your first day back. There will be no stopping you this year!

Thanks Ro, have to say it felt good to get out for the run and hopefully there will be no more set backs....

Nules10 wrote: »
    Good to see you back in full health Anne. looked like a lovely day alright for a run

Thanks Nules, ye lovely sunshine but very cold in the wind coming back in the North road...you're doing great mileage these days!!

• Advertisement

What colour was the tshirt??:D
    I think i will leave P&D until the Autumn as i just don't know enough yet about lactic threshold and Vo2 etc so need to read the book, understand what i'm trying to do and take it from there. I have decide to do the HH intermediate plan and see if I can stick to that as my most ever weekly miles to date has never risen over 40 despite following two marathon plans before...so think i will do this in 2 stages...Spring marathon HH and Autumn DCM P&D
    Thanks for the vote of support

There's nothing to it, the threshold runs in P&D are run somewhere between your 10 mile and half marathon race pace and VO2 max sessions are at your 5k pace, simples!

so why do they need to confuse everything will all this fancy wording and namecalling!!:D

Thanks, will look at it again ....

how r you doing??

so why do they need to confuse everything will all this fancy wording and namecalling!!:D

Thanks, will look at it again ....

how r you doing??

It wouldn't be much of a book without padding ;)

I'm on the way back, slowly but surely.

Mr Slow wrote: »

I'm on the way back, slowly but surely.

Delighted to hear that...:D

Tuesday 17th January - 3.16m 30:36mins @ 9.42 avg pace, 163 avg HB

was suppose to be a rest day but legs were still a bit tight from Kettlebells class on Saturday morning so decided to go for easy 3m....
    beautiful day out there today and felt good...will definitely take the rest day today...

m1=9.35/161
    m2=9.56/162
    m3=9.36/166

Wtd: 6.3
    Mtd:6.3
    Ytd:6.3

Thurdsay 19th - 5.6m @ 9.35avg pace, 172 avg HB

warm up = 1m@10.02/160
    6@3min 5m pace with 2m recovery
    1. 3min @ 8.17/185, 3min @10.52/171
    2. 3min @ 8.50/182, 2min @11.27/167
    3. 3min @ 8.24/182, 2min @10.53/173
    4. 3min @ 8.39/181, 2min @10.33/172
    5. 3min @ 8.35/180, 2min@10.06/167
    6. 3min @8.15/181, 2min10.07/174
    cool down 1.19m@10.03/170

Definitely found this session difficult and probably shouldn't have been doing it yet but thought i'd see what shape i'm in for Raheny 5m next week....

1st 3min @ 5m pace looks more like my 5k pace and i needed 3min recovery to get my HR down from 180.:eek:..took the next one slowre but probably a bit too slowly..the other 4 look more like a proper 5m pace...but too be honest the way i was feeling today, there is no way i could hold that for 5m....so probably will aim for 9min miles in Raheny and try to push on in the last mile to get near a time of 44mins

Totals
    Wtd: 11.9
    Mtd:11.9
    Ytd:11.9

Sunday 22nd - 9.31m in 1:31:30 @ 9.50avg pace, 168 avg HB

I found it very cold out today and had the hat and gloves on and off a few times...some of this run was tough and some of it was very comfortable but overall it was a nice run that i enjoyed and was delighted to get a run with some decent mileage in......there were a few hills and some long sloping inclines!!!

m1=9.41/155
    m2=9.35/165
    m3=9.47/171
    m4=10.04/171
    m5=10.03/169
    m6=9.59/169
    m7=9.51/168
    m8=9.50/169
    m9=9.48/173
    m10(.31)=9.19/181

Wtd: 21.21
    Mtd:21.21
    Ytd:21.21

Had my first cold bath today after the run and have to say the legs are great this evening....will definitely do it again.....

Might get braver as the runs get longer and eventually add the ice:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Thats some great milage for your first week back ann, delighted to see you back at it!

• Advertisement

Had my first cold bath today after the run and have to say the legs are great this evening....will definitely do it again.....

Might get braver as the runs get longer and eventually add the ice:eek:

Ice baths are great, your legs will be like marble when you get out!

Advertisement