Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

But its cold outside

1757677787981»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Well done to Laura. Following in her mums footsteps!

Sorry to hear about the injury woes. Have been following you on strava so knew the story. Hard to give you any productive advice. You've been very patient with the original injury. Fair play to you. I'd have probably given up long ago so kudos.

Are you saying Young Anne is a stubborn auld wan SB? :)

TbL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Are you saying Young Ann is a stubborn auld wan SB?

Stubborn young wan................

Stubbornness is a good trait sometimes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Great news on promotion and weight loss A. Sorry about the injury, but hopefully your persistence will pay off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Ha Ha Stubborn or determined??;);)

Thank You all. There was 3 full time and 1 job sharer working my department last year and now we are down to me & 1 other, who will shortly be leaving for pastures new!!!:eek::eek:

My current woes are definitely stemming from the yoga injury and there is also some thought going into Saucony changing my choice of runner Saucony Ride to ISO. I have been wearing Saucony Ride for over 10 years and never had a problem until the ISO

My orthotics were altered to suit the new "improvement" ISO in the runner but i definitely have had nothing but trouble since they changed the runner between Blisters & PF etc.

I see they have made the older Non ISO version available again for this season so that must mean that the ISO was not as successful as they thought it would be. We shall have to see how it all evolves..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Oh how time flies by when you're having fun. . .but wait!!!!

Nearly 4 months since I last posted.
    Work is mental, with me doing work of 3 people and a few stressful weeks have left me in a bit of a state!! Decided to step back and just do what is manageable. I now turn off the laptop for an hour at lunchtime and some days get a walk in or just chill and eat lunch in peace or do a few jobs in the house

Took 2 days off this week, one to just chill and one to have a couple of moles removed from my back. It might speed up the process of getting me some staff as no-one to cover while I was away left a few higher up the chain of command having to do some work!!!;);)

Running wise unfortunately I'm still injury prone and currently a pulled muscle in my back has curtained any progress. Treatment on Tuesday, and she pointed out that while I'm continuing to run, the muscle is failing to heal so a week with no running this week and I can feel the improvement already.

Recently I managed to finish the Malin 2 Mizen head virtual 600km Challenge after taking 3 & 1.2 months with running and walking to get it completed.

I am suppose to do the Garda AC Blue Line Half this weekend but it will have to be a combined effort over Sunday - Tuesday made up of various walks.

Here's hoping that eventually I'll get back to consistent running.

The weight loss came to a bit of a stall at the end of the summer and I put a few lbs on, but thankfully in the last few weeks I've recognised the slippery slope and I have managed to get back to a better frame of mind regarding eating and lost a few lbs and I'm back to the summer weight with 16lbs off. So the plan now is to try lose a few more before Christmas.

Good luck to all doing their Virtual Dublin Marathon tomorrow. Enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

It has been some year so far :D

Well done at the weekend and for finishing the Malin to Mizen challenge :) Just finished it myself as well

I hope that back heals nicely for you, I guess now it the right time for sorting out any niggles and injuries with nothing much happening for a while now

Advertisement