Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seinfeld in the O2

Options
  • 14-12-2011 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭

Thought there would be a thread on this already.

Anyone going? I got my O2 Priority tickets yesterday, great seats too. I can't wait. Got the Seinfeld complete box set last year and still watch through it now and then. Looking forward to hearing a whole set of new material.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Thought about trying to get tickets for this but I don't know if I find him that funny from his own stand-up material. I suppose I'm just judging it on the bits he used to do at the start and end of the Seinfeld TV show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

there is a thread over in the comedy forum.
    Got my ticket sorted, looking forward to seeing him live for first time:)

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

G-Money wrote: »
    Thought about trying to get tickets for this but I don't know if I find him that funny from his own stand-up material. I suppose I'm just judging it on the bits he used to do at the start and end of the Seinfeld TV show.

If you're unsure, check out "I'm Telling You For The Last Time", an HBO special he did just after the show ended. Don't worry about spoiling any of the show though, when he returned to stand-up, he did it with pretty much all new material. I saw him in London last year and he did (I think) one joke that was used in the show. Really enjoyed that show. It's obvious watching him that he's been doing it for over 30 years, every joke hit really well. His material isn't groundbreaking, but he knows his craft.

It's also worth checking out the documentary "Comedian" he made about his return to stand-up. He produced it too, so it's not exactly warts and all, but it's worth a look.

Advertisement