Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charities accepting old clothes & new toys?

Options
  • 14-12-2011 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭

Are there any Letterkenny charities that accept bags of old clothes?

Nothing overly fancy, just shirts, jumpers, jeans etc that I wont wear anymore but are still in reasonably good shape. I kinda know about the people who buy the clothes but I'd prefer to give them to a local charity.

Also, are there any local charities that are collecting new toys this year? After spending an evening in Smyths during the week, I got a warm feeling inside me that I should buy something for the kids who may not get much from Santa this year.:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

St Vincent de Paul shops, deja vu in the lower main st.

My friend works there and they'd be greatful of all donations cos there's loads of people going in after they get their dole money, trying to buy clothes and toys..

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

With regard to the toys have you considered the shoe box appeal http://www.cradle.ie/fundraising/christmas-shoebox-appeal prob too late for this year but its a great charity!

I'm sure SVP would gladly accept new toys and they would make a great difference to people that Santa can't afford to get to this year

Advertisement