Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefighter Waterford city council

Options
  • 14-12-2011 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

hello all, just wondering if anyone knows how many people applied for the position above and if anyone knows how many positions are being made available, i know personally there was around 80 people sitting the exam in the session that i was in, i presume there was more than one session?? just trying to figure out if i have a realistic chance of gettin the job..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

They are looking for 2 firefighters. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭McCoy

thanks for the info, id imagine a couple of hunderd applied?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭redsurfer

about 500 roughly

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭DConway

Results are out today! Good Luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

apparently i was unsuccessful!!! but i,m not letting it ly i,m appealing it cos this is the second time i,ve gone for it first was 2005 and did,nt even get called for interview just got a letter outta the blue saying my application was unsuccessful

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Sorry to hear it EIM. Keep trying though. Plenty of people never get in on their first time around.

I think its a joke that you are appealing to be honest! This is a quote form you in another thread :
    " i found on two questions did,nt have enough time and did,nt answer bout 6 questions at the end between the two but the video,s ya had to be quick on what ya saw"

You didnt answer all of the questions therefore, you were at a disadvantage straight away.
    so did one of my pals and he is on to the next stage,was in touch with public appointments and they going to look over my test again for me, ya never know ya just never know!!!!!!

Shield wrote: »
    Sorry to hear it EIM. Keep trying though. Plenty of people never get in on their first time around.
    you can be guaranteed i won,t give up, i wanted to be a fireman since was knee high to a grass hopper don,t see why some test should stop me

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭older i get better i was

you can be guaranteed i won,t give up, i wanted to be a fireman since was knee high to a grass hopper don,t see why some test should stop me

agree with you, i've wanted to play for Ireland since i was a chiseler and if van trappa doesn't ring me for the euros squad i'm appealing straight to the fai and if thats not sucessful i'm ring'n joe duffy! doh

agree with you, i've wanted to play for Ireland since i was a chiseler and if van trappa doesn't ring me for the euros squad i'm appealing straight to the fai and if thats not sucessful i'm ring'n joe duffy! doh
    haha very good, shur keep trying ireland are always after terrible players for there line up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭older i get better i was

haha very good, shur keep trying ireland are always after terrible players for there line up

:)good one! won't ask why your ex infantry! good luck with career.

:)good one! won't ask why your ex infantry! good luck with career.
    ah i left and went on to a career in sales but ts getting harder by the day to get decent sales from shops and believe me there,s gonna be some load of shops close in next 6 months! ! Plus there was redundancies two months ago in our place and before em i was safe enough but i,m now the 2nd last in so need a change of career yet again to beat joblessness

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭spankadamonkee

ah i left and went on to a career in sales but ts getting harder by the day to get decent sales from shops and believe me there,s gonna be some load of shops close in next 6 months! ! Plus there was redundancies two months ago in our place and before em i was safe enough but i,m now the 2nd last in so need a change of career yet again to beat joblessness
    How long will it take them to review your test?

How long will it take them to review your test?
    have,nt heard anything yet and was in touch with em tuesday so i could,nt tell ya

passed stage 1 anyway, any ideas what to expect regards stage 2 form?? and any idea of numbers still left in the process??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭spankadamonkee

McCoy wrote: »
    passed stage 1 anyway, any ideas what to expect regards stage 2 form?? and any idea of numbers still left in the process??
    A little over 300 sat the test and i believe 150 or thereabouts have gone through to the next stage.

got my aptitude score results today got overall of 1814 which placed me in the middle group 43%-55%

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

Alright Folks,

Anyone get anything since getting aptitude results from Waterford? I got the results and everything, through to next stage, but nothing since then...

spankadamonkee, only 300 sat the tests? Where did you get this info? I would've been expecting alot more than that considering the competitive nature of the job.. Good news for us all if that's the number though!

djor88 wrote: »
    Alright Folks,

Anyone get anything since getting aptitude results from Waterford? I got the results and everything, through to next stage, but nothing since then...

spankadamonkee, only 300 sat the tests? Where did you get this info? I would've been expecting alot more than that considering the competitive nature of the job.. Good news for us all if that's the number though!
    bad form if ya ask me!!!!! ya would imagine they would be in full swing with interviews, but i guess they have to check everything and that takes time

Yeah I suppose, can't see how it's taking this long, ah well sure no harm in waiting...

Any idea of the process from here on in? more aptitude, interview, fitness?

• Advertisement

Yeah I suppose, can't see how it's taking this long, ah well sure no harm in waiting...

Any idea of the process from here on in? more aptitude, interview, fitness?
    afaik there,s interviews next then medical and fitness test

Has anyone else sent off their Detailed Application Forms by email this week? I sent mine off last night, hopefully we'll hear back soon enough...

Are interviews held next by Waterford Fire Service or by Public Appointments Service does anybody know?

Cheers!

Has anyone else sent off their Detailed Application Forms by email this week? I sent mine off last night, hopefully we'll hear back soon enough...

Are interviews held next by Waterford Fire Service or by Public Appointments Service does anybody know?

Cheers!
    its only a guess but i,d say there,ll be the chief fire officer and people from public appointments service on the panel doing the intervies

• Registered Users Posts: 22 EMSCHAP

The interviews are run by Waterford City Council. They usually consist of two senior fire officers(CFO, SACFO or ACFO) and someone from personnell/management.

anybody here anything about an interview yet???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭redsurfer

at the end of the month they will be finished going through the app. and there should be letters in the post sometime in April

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭DConway

Anybody hear anything yet?

i know a girl from tramore that got called she a retained in tramore

• Registered Users Posts: 3 All above board

Just started following this thread guys. I got called for an interview on the wednesday, drove down to waterford city station the other night, all the crews were gents, but when i was down there i found out that 6 of the lads working in the waterford city retained crews are all in for interviews too! can't see it going beyond them, can't blame them really. still no harm in trying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Just started following this thread guys. I got called for an interview on the wednesday, drove down to waterford city station the other night, all the crews were gents, but when i was down there i found out that 6 of the lads working in the waterford city retained crews are all in for interviews too! can't see it going beyond them, can't blame them really. still no harm in trying.

Interesting point you make . I must admit that my perception of competitions for full-time fire fighters is that retained people are in a much stronger position than ' outsiders ' and all other things being equal the retained folks get the jobs.
    Is my perception correct ?

Advertisement