Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitzgibbon Cup Draw

Options
  • 14-12-2011 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

I know its early days but was at the draw today so thought I might throw this up n see what yas think..

Group A
    CIT
    WIT
    UCD

Group B
    DIT
    Carlow IT
    NUIG

Group C
    UL
    LIT
    St.Pat's/Mater Dei

Group D
    UCC
    DCU
    GMIT

Quarters

1.Winner A v Runner Up B
    2.Winner B v Runner Up C
    3.Winner C v Runner Up D
    4.Winner D v Runner Up A

Semis
    1 v 3
    2 v 4

What do yas think overall? Whos good and whos bad? Could there be any surprises this year?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

UL are the reigning champions. In the league final played recently, UCC hopped off them, winning by twelve points. CIT nearly won the Cork County Championship, and WIT, NUIG and LIT usually produce good teams too.

I know that the UL team includes Paddy Stapleton, and I think Pa Cronin and Thomas Connors.

UCC have Darragh Fives, William Egan and Shane Bourke.

WIT have both Stephen O'Keeffe and Adrian Power vying for the Goalkeeping spot, and I think Noel Connors is still there.

Last time I heard, John Conlon was with NUIG. That's about as much as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭fearbainne

As far as I know UCD have a few nice players in Liam Rushe, Noel McGrath and Wally Walsh.. TJ Reid was doing very well for Carlow IT in the league..

Is Joe Canning still at LIT?

Group A is tough to call, really good group, 3 good teams hard to tell who will come out of that..

Group B also tough, but I can see DIT and Carlow coming out of it based purely on how the league went which I know means nothing come championship, cant see any of the three being serious contenders though..

Group C would look self explanatory with UL and LIT but Pats/Mater Dei have an amazing Home record in Fitzgibbon having never been beaten at home in championship since they came out of the Ryan Cup.. Could cause a slight upset..

Group D, UCC to walk it, toss up between DCU and GMIT for the other quarter final place then who both were in a relegation final just two weeks ago...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

fearbainne wrote: »
    As far as I know UCD have a few nice players in Liam Rushe, Noel McGrath and Wally Walsh.. TJ Reid was doing very well for Carlow IT in the league..

Is Joe Canning still at LIT?

Group A is tough to call, really good group, 3 good teams hard to tell who will come out of that..

Group B also tough, but I can see DIT and Carlow coming out of it based purely on how the league went which I know means nothing come championship, cant see any of the three being serious contenders though..

Group C would look self explanatory with UL and LIT but Pats/Mater Dei have an amazing Home record in Fitzgibbon having never been beaten at home in championship since they came out of the Ryan Cup.. Could cause a slight upset..

Group D, UCC to walk it, toss up between DCU and GMIT for the other quarter final place then who both were in a relegation final just two weeks ago...

Last year he wasn't let play with them because he wasn't going anywhere in college so not sure about this year.

Its good that they have brought in a rule like that, some colleges really took the piss with players playing with the college for years

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

he was repeating last year AFAIK and wasnt doing enough credits to be eligible to play. Providing he passed the repeats he should be into the next year this year so could play? Unless he's finished of course :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭fearbainne

UL 11/8
    UCC 3/1
    LIT 4/1
    CIT 15/2
    UCD 15/2
    WIT 8/1
    NUI Galway 14/1
    DIT 33/1
    IT Carlow 66/1
    St Patricks Mater Dei 80/1
    GMIT 100/1