Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox S Problem

Options
  • 14-12-2011 6:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭

a bit of a design flaw if anthing, but the composite cable has an extra bit of plastic sticking out the side of it, which blocks the HDMI slot.
    anyone know a way around this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

i've read of people merely cutting the plastic tab off.

is optical out not an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

a bit of a design flaw if anthing, but the composite cable has an extra bit of plastic sticking out the side of it, which blocks the HDMI slot.
    anyone know a way around this?

Not a design flaw. Deliberately done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

Not a design flaw. Deliberately done.

Absolutely. Just a way to squeeze a few extra bucks out of buyers. Miserable b'stards. I split the one on my Elite so I imagine it's much the same. Works perfectly. All you need is a sharp knife. Carefully cut along the seams and gently prise the two pieces apart and that's it. If done carefully, the two pieces can go back together should you ever need them to.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

punk77 wrote: »
    Absolutely. Just a way to squeeze a few extra bucks out of buyers. Miserable b'stards. I split the one on my Elite so I imagine it's much the same. Works perfectly. All you need is a sharp knife. Carefully cut along the seams and gently prise the two pieces apart and that's it. If done carefully, the two pieces can go back together should you ever need them to.

Why would you be using both composite and HDMI? I would assume the Xbox trying to output both would cause problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Why would you be using both composite and HDMI? I would assume the Xbox trying to output both would cause problems.

My point exactly. Its designed for single output use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

groutch u can buy an adaptor for this i bought one in gamestop for a tenner...

DO NOT START CUTTING STUFF ETC it will void your console warantee plus its hell ugly...

its only a tenner why would someone damage console cables etc to save a tenner??

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Rochie IRL

You can crack the case off the cable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSg2BLz3Dok&feature=related

It is designed for single output though. Personally I'd use the adaptor

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

DO NOT START CUTTING STUFF ETC it will void your console warantee plus its hell ugly...

No it won't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

okay, so the HDMI replaces the composite then? sorry I'm a bit unknowledgeable (yes it's a word) in this area.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

okay, so the HDMI replaces the composite then? sorry I'm a bit unknowledgeable (yes it's a word) in this area.

Yes, no composite is needed if you have HDMI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

kensutz wrote: »
    No it won't.

cutting the cable wont but cutting your xbox or opening it will ;)

Advertisement