Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual Sim handsets

Options
  • 14-12-2011 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

My neighbour recently acquired a dual-sim unlocked Nokia handset.
    I am not 100% sure which model it is.

He is thinking about putting 2 prepaid SIMs into it as he has some plan to spread his call costs over two mobile networks.

A couple of questions.
    1. For most of these dual-sim handsets can they be switched to the second SIM without having to reboot/power cycle ?
    2. I assume the handset has just one radio and will work off one network provider at a time.

-ifc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

By any chance is that a chinese replica

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭ifconfig

No idea.
    He showed it to me briefly on Friday.
    It looked like a pretty standard Nokia phone (not smartphone) with a SIM2 slot on the side.

-ifc

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Nokia have a few dual sim phones now, with a few on the way.

C1-00
    C2-00
    C2-03
    X1-01
    X2-02

You can get the C1 for about €50 iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭ifconfig

From a bit of googling around it looks like,
    the C1 models are dual sim and you can switch between active SIM by a few keystrokes.
    The C2 models have simultaneous SIM feature (2 transceivers?) as well as the ability to hot swap the 2nd SIM without rebooting.
    The X models seem to be same as C models without the hotswap feature.

I need to find out which model my neighbour has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

You can have a UK/NI sim and an Irish sim in the same phone. Things like that.

Or maybe you have an old number on a plan you don't want to change, but take advantage of a price plan on another number or network. Then having two sims can be handy.

Or a work sim and a personal one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement