Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sinead O'Connor

• 14-12-2011 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭

Why the hell is she in the paper (especially the Indo) nearly every day? Are there people out there that still care what she says/does?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

Obviously there are, yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Sing a decent Prince cover and make some controversial statements and you're made for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

Why the hell is she in the paper (especially the Indo) nearly every day? Are there people out there that still care what she says/does?

Because she makes people laugh with her daft statements and dim ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭eimear10

why all the hate for Sinead, she's never done anything to you. Dim ideas ? Like what, I'm sure she has more in her bank account than you. Its not all about money I know, but seriously loose your attitude towards her, might even make you feel a bit better about yourself

eimear10 wrote: »
    why all the hate for Sinead, she's never done anything to you. Dim ideas ? Like what, I'm sure she has more in her bank account than you. Its not all about money I know, but seriously loose your attitude towards her, might even make you feel a bit better about yourself

You're right she's not a fruitcake she's a priest :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

No she's not a fruitcake she's just bored rich and craves all the attention she can get.

mark17j wrote: »
    No she's not a fruitcake she's just bored rich and craves all the attention she can get.

Bored rich!!??from what mega international hit royalty?
    Nothin compares to you?Prince bagged that
    unfortunately her dim move to tear up the popes picture backfired and put an end to her breaking the US .Then she would have been bored rich.
    She doesn't know what she wants as she is unhinged.A total oddball whatever way you roll the dice.

I take it you all personally know her to be able to make such remarks about her?

She's not a fruitcake , she suffers from depression as a lot of Irish people do.

Shame on you to mock and jeer someone will a mental illness.

I pity all the people that feel the need to talk so negatively about some one elses ill health.

I take it you all personally know her to be able to make such remarks about her?

She's not a fruitcake , she suffers from depression as a lot of Irish people do.

I pity all the people that feel the need to talk so negatively about some one elses ill health.

Oh I do hope both she and Bishop Cox will forgive me

No I just listen to what comes out of her mouth and what she does in the public eye!!

• Advertisement

welll good for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Paddy De Plasterer

One good thing she has done is driven her former partner and mother of her daughter, Roisin, the one and only John Waters into writing right wing catholic stuff of late. Maybe the fact that she is an ordained priestess has something to do with it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭brian_t

She is a fruitcake but this has nothing to do with her depression.
    Nobody has been mocking her mental health - you were the first to raise it.
    She is a self-publicist who likes to put herself out and we the viewing public are entitled to comment on that..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

Boy, are the Irish some begrudging lot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Good luck to the girl and fuk the begrudgers.

If anyone doesn't want to read about her in the paper, then don't frigging read it. Simply turn the page over and move on. There's plenty more rubbish in the Indo to read.

Christ almighty.

JustinDee wrote: »
    Boy, are the Irish some begrudging lot.

You're right noone from any other nation thinks she's an oddball only the Irish !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

You could also ask yourself why the hell do people start threads about her on boards :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Tomk1

I agree with the OP, the only reason I clicked on this topic is; ''O no what is she doing now'' at least boardies would have something valid to say.

I like SoC, her voice is gifted and admire her out-spokeness, but recently instead of releasing amazing songs, and adding something new to the Human experience, she has become a media-joke to sell headlines, like who care's if she was horny ''a late late show special'' or got married within 2 months.

A while ago she wrote a letter about the CCL-abuse, it was very well written & informative, but with her voice why doesn't she do a concert or release a song to raise funds for victims of abuse, something positive.

It's fine to say don't read about her, & change radio stations or flick channels on the TV; aka censor yourself from mundane media coverage.

What will be the nexted SoC big story? ''Sinead buys full fat milk from local shop'' a twitter exculsive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭mattser

mark17j wrote: »

Classic, Mark 17.

It's getting a tad complicated for her defenders here now, I'd imagine.

:):p:):p:):p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

All the Indo's Christmases just came at once. They're going to get weeks out of this one. Front page heading on Sunday for starters.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭ciarafem

Is she trying to generate publicity for a new album release I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,247 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

When Adam Ant was suffering his low days of depression he said he actually felt like tabloid journos were his closest friends, and they would be the first people he would ring. If Sinead has mental issues then that would make sense. I'm in the leave her alone camp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,247 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

ha good on ya Sinead!!

I must ask this question tho. The reporter who tried to lose my husband his job did so from some moral high horse.
    Rumour has it the very same reporter is having an affair with a married Irish gossip columnist who has two small children.
    They sit in judgement daily of famous peoples relationships and lives. these two are particularly nasty to very vulnerable people. Bullies basically. Not the guts to bully anyone their own metaphorical or emotional size.
    She stated to me that trying to lose my husband his job was 'perfectly valid' as I occasionally smoke weed (all have known this for 25 yrs) and he counsels drug addicted teenagers.
    Well.. Shouldn't she and her married lover quit their jobs judging other's morals and ruining people's lives and marriages on a daily basis from some moral high horse if it's true (which several journalists have confirmed to me it is and are prepared to witness in court ) they are having an affair?
    As she said "it's a perfectly valid question"

Onward and upward
    Sinead

ha good on ya Sinead!!

Amen Fr O Connor
    Blessed be the meek

• Registered Users Posts: 3 fbyrne666

Wishing Sinead all the best and I hope she gets the help she needs. A wonderfully talented singer and entertainer. She should keep a lower profile and stay away from social media.

Advertisement