Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i will not be paying the property tax

Options
  • 14-12-2011 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

i bought my home and the property around it more then 20 years ago, and as far as i know there is nothing left owed on it,
    so listen hear mr robben b@stard enda kenny, I WON'T BE PAYING IT,
    NOW DO US ALL A FAVOR AND JUMP INTO THE LIFFY FOR YOURSELF.

is anyone here paying it ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Let us know how that goes anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

good stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SillyMcCarthy

i bought my home and the property around it more then 20 years ago, and as far as i know there is nothing left owed on it,
    so listen hear mr robben b@stard enda kenny, I WON'T BE PAYING IT,
    NOW DO US ALL A FAVOR AND JUMP INTO THE LIFFY FOR YOURSELF.

is anyone here paying it ???

I'm with you!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,529 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

People say now they wont pay, but when the time comes most will pay the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

People say now they wont pay, but when the time comes most will pay the money.

when the time comes, they wont have it.
    most familys in the country are flat broke,

enda kenny and his goverment are lying theifing b@stards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I'll pay cos im a fcukin lemming,

No not the rodent but the cute kind

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

I doubt they will bring ya to court if you don't pay, it would cost them more than the tax itself. Might as well not pay :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

subz3r0 wrote: »
    I doubt they will bring ya to court if you don't pay, it would cost them more than the tax itself. Might as well not pay :D

Nope, because you are on a rolling charge which keeps building up and up to about 2k where they would take you to court. Its tied in with over Revenue collection fines, which do end up in court cases. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

F*ckers will put ya in Jail for not payin your TV licence. and thats just to pay pat kenny, this one's for Merkel.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

The pending legislation will also tie any outstanding bills to your house, ergo you die house cannot be sold or moved into by your relatives until the bills =+ late fines are paid in full.
    Simple innit.... pay up Billy or your kids will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

I would expect that the charge, and any penalties, would be treated as a charge against the property in the same way as the NPPR.

Once the penalties mount up it becomes worth taking court action.

SSE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

When I read the OP I was instantly brought back in time to the nonsensical ramblings of the proud smokers who claimed that no law was going to stop them smoking in pubs. We all know how that rebellion panned out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

we all talk the talk! But ! ! ! We defo don,t walk the walk! ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

MyKeyG wrote: »
    When I read the OP I was instantly brought back in time to the nonsensical ramblings of the proud smokers who claimed that no law was going to stop them smoking in pubs. We all know how that rebellion panned out.

Funny that, as the majority of smokers I knew were all for the ban. They assumed it would help them kick the habit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

wellboytoo wrote: »
    The pending legislation will also tie any outstanding bills to your house, ergo you die house cannot be sold or moved into by your relatives until the bills =+ late fines are paid in full.
    Simple innit.... pay up Billy or your kids will.

Isn't it just fecking marvelous what legislation they can think up to screw the ordinary Joe Soap, but when it comes to themselves cute hoor politicians and wanker banker gamblers with hugh debt's they just get off scot free and oh nearly forgot, bailed out by Billy or his kids and big fat pensions and adjusting back to society lumb sums.

What!!!!!! are they going to cut back on or new charges will they introduce over the next 4yrs of austerity ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

I dont think I should have to pay it as I dont own my house till the last payment is made on it. so should my bank pay it as they own it till then.

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    Funny that, as the majority of smokers I knew were all for the ban. They assumed it would help them kick the habit.
    I didn't say all smokers though did I? I was referring to a group of smokers I identified as 'the proud smokers who claimed that no law was going to stop them '. I knew plenty of smokers who embraced the ban. Fair play for half reading my post and jumping the gun to your retort.

I didn't say all smokers though did I? I was referring to a group of smokers I identified as 'the proud smokers who claimed that no law was going to stop them '. I knew plenty of smokers who embraced the ban. Fair play for half reading my post and jumping the gun to your retort.

Geez, where did I say you said all smokers? I said the majority of smokers that I knew welcomed the ban.

Geez, where did I say you said all smokers? I said the majority of smokers that I knew welcomed the ban.
    I'm in a ridiculously paranoid mood. Apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

You're supposed to keep arguing even when you realise you're wrong, this is the internet damn it!

Now start again please...

• Advertisement

Lols, that's ok. What was really annoying, was when the ban came in they wouldn't stop moaning and bitching about having to go outside to smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Birdfood

People will pay it. It was only a matter of time before it came in. Even really poor people in England have to pay Council Tax and it's accepted as a given that it has to be paid. Lots of people will hold off paying but pay at the last minute when the final notices etc. etc. come through the door, just like they do with TV Licences.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

I won't pay it and the reason I can't even pay my mortgage, I'm over 12 months in arrears how the hell am I going to get 100 euro and I can't even feed the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Birdfood

200motels wrote: »
    I won't pay it and the reason I can't even pay my mortgage, I'm over 12 months in arrears how the hell am I going to get 100 euro and I can't even feed the kids.

You shouldn't have to pay it, maybe you'd qualify for a waiver. They say those in Ghost Estates & on Mortgage Interest supplement won't have to pay, I'd say they'll need to broaden the criteria to qualify for a waiver to cover more categories of people.

Lols, that's ok. What was really annoying, was when the ban came in they wouldn't stop moaning and bitching about having to go outside to smoke.
    Fair play to ya. Some people would have told me to shove my apology. Glad to see two people can be civil even when one is being a pratt :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 marywary

My brother is autistic and when living in UK, council tax was applied to person not property. He was not able to work and I can remember my parents were in bits because of the bills for council tax coming through the door for him. They even had letter from bailiffs saying they were going to call to collect enough to cover his council tax. My parents both paid their council tax but were not able to afford to pay his. In the end we had to consult a solicitor to get the council to recognise his disability and inability to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Can you imagine if all homeowners in Ireland refused to pay this outrageous tax,what could the government do,fine everybody,then if everybody refused to pay the fine,what would the outcome be,jail everybody,i think not.This is a great oppertunity to start a passive revolution and show the will of the people.Up the Revolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭decies

There's tents on the quay for that son, they say it's cold at night though .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

How much is the tax? I've seen €100 per year being mentioned. Is that it?

I'm paying £186 a month in council tax over here in the UK. That does pay for your bins, the upkeep of the roads and for the police. But still it's over £2200 a year. And if you're late with payment you get at most two warnings and if you're late one more time they send you a bill for the full yearly amount, sending in debt collectors to get it from you.

While it's annoying for the Irish people that it's another tax that has to be paid it could be much much worse.

Advertisement