Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuam Roadworks Merge

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

There is no way they can leave the roads like that. N17 from Coca Cola to the thatched cottage is like an obstacle course!! At Lidl where the joint between the old section and the new section of the road isn't flush at all. Same with Bishop St.

I'm sure they will be resurfacing this at a later stage....otherwise ill be making a complaint to the NRA.

I think communications from coffey has been very poor lately, you'd think they would provide a weekly update in The Herald or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

The idea of leaving these manholes sticking up is that when they eventually resurface the road when all works are complete,it will be level with the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭cyberblade 918c

Mr Keek wrote: »
    There is no way they can leave the roads like that. N17 from Coca Cola to the thatched cottage is like an obstacle course!! At Lidl where the joint between the old section and the new section of the road isn't flush at all. Same with Bishop St.

I'm sure they will be resurfacing this at a later stage....otherwise ill be making a complaint to the NRA.

I think communications from coffey has been very poor lately, you'd think they would provide a weekly update in The Herald or something.

I agree, ya should try it on a fireblade !! its so dangerous its not even funny anymore and as for tullindaly hill... the amount of loose gravel and stone left around the manhole covers is crazy - is there any point in complaining to the county council??

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭cyberblade 918c

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Apparently when the Big Dig is completed they will be re-surfacing all of the streets and roads around the town, should be sorted out then.

Hi folks - anyone have any idea why just before the entrance to O'Tooles (Bishop st) two of these raised man hole covers were left so exposed - all the other noted in my previous post have been sorted. They are several inches higher than the rd.

Its fair dangerous - if you drive to the left of the manhole covers - you give the exiting traffic coming out of O'Tooles the impression that you are turning left and there has been occasions where cars have pulled straight out in front of me.

These things are lethal to motorcyclists.

Anyone have any thoughts ??

Thanks - CB:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement