Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should I get out my money of PTSB Bank?

• 14-12-2011 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

It is said that Irish Life's share (stock market) for PTSB is doing so poor. If so, it may be risky to affect PTSB accountholders, like Northern Rock bank in 2007. Also, I would get out my money of PTSB, and then I would look for a safer bank that would suit my circumstances. Is the Government's guarantee deposit scheme for the Irish banks over?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Is it over the 100k?

If not what's the issue, after all did anyone loose money in northern rock? As in standard depositors?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Sarn

Funnily, Northern Rock Ireland deposits are being transferred over to PTSB in the new year. The accounts are covered by the government guarantee. It comes down to how much faith you have in that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 gh1979

Is it over the 100k?

If not what's the issue, after all did anyone loose money in northern rock? As in standard depositors?

It is under the 100K.

Northern Rock accountholders got out all of their money in 2007.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

For some reason I read that wrong.

I don't think the dep protection scheme is over. But as said, if the Irish government had to use it it would cost a lot, not sure how safe it actually is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 gh1979

Sarn wrote: »
    Funnily, Northern Rock Ireland deposits are being transferred over to PTSB in the new year. The accounts are covered by the government guarantee. It comes down to how much faith you have in that.

How did you find out that Northern Rock Ireland deposits are being transferred over to PTSB in the near year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

gh1979 wrote: »
    How did you find out that Northern Rock Ireland deposits are being transferred over to PTSB in the near year?

Here

here

here

here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

It is under the 100K.

They is make no real difference, since all the Irish Banks are covered by the same government guarantee.
    Northern Rock accountholders got out all of their money in 2007.

Actually no, it's still trading, they even updated their web site with the DIRT changes in last week budget..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Sarn

I maintained an account with them through their crisis and still have it, well, up to the end of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Please see the sticky thread about these sort of topics

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement