Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champage cocktails

Options
  • 14-12-2011 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭

Am fixing myself and friends a selection of cocktails with champagne as the key ingredient and just wanted to share the 'Twinkle' with you all. It's champagne, vodka and elderflower cordial. Also making bucks fizz.

Any other tried and tested champagne cocktails?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭EddyC15

Not so much a cocktail but anyway...

Sorbet with a champagne splash.
    I've had this as a 'palette cleanser' between courses twice.

Just put whatever fruit sorbet you think would go with your champagne into a glass and pour the champagne over it.

Very refreshing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,995 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Champagne Mojito is great.
    Just replace the soda water with Champagne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Black Velvet. Champagne and Guinness, not actually as bad as it sounds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Kir Royal - Champagne and Crème de Cassis. Made a few in work long ago but they were never hugely popular (cheap "Champagne"), nor did I ever taste one come to think of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Adyx wrote: »
    Kir Royal - Champagne and Crème de Cassis. Made a few in work long ago but they were never hugely popular (cheap "Champagne"), nor did I ever taste one come to think of it.

The IFI are doing them at the mo actually. They're lovely, but I tend to just go for them the rare time I'm in France.

Thanks for the suggestions, looking forward to trying them! Not sure about the black velvet though, surely the guinness would overpower it?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

The champagne cocktail: soack a sugar cube in angonstura bitters, place in a flute, pour in champagne, viola!

The champagne cocktail: soack a sugar cube in angonstura bitters, place in a flute, pour in champagne, viola!

You forgot the Cognac!

This is a cocktail I keep meaning to try!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

:D at the URL. (Yes, I'm 12.)

lol

Didn't spot that (I'm twelve and 3 quarters).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Adyx wrote: »

I think the mistake most people make when making this most simple of coctails is that they put in too much Crème de Cassis..you really only need a dash. To be pedantic, a Kir Royal contains Champagne, but if sparkling wine is used it is a Kir Pétillant. It's a lovely drink IMO and I'm planning on making these Sunday morning!

• Advertisement
Advertisement