Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burger King in Cork - Why only One?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

As if the city and surrounds hasn't got enough outlets selling fried rubbish.

while I'd agree with you most of the time, l found myself in Dublin with a hangover a few weeks ago and I had an Angry Whopper meal...it was the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

Burger King is now open in Hollyhill.

Burger King x2 in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Burger King is now open in Hollyhill.

Burger King x2 in Cork.
    Where abouts?

Where abouts?

The petrol station in Hollyhill.
    Subway is there also.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

The petrol station in Hollyhill.
    Subway is there also.

Drive through?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Not a drive through. Its just in the Applegreen garage.

Took a stroll in earlier. Very busy.

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Drive through?

Sit down, the place is so busy that the local Chinese/Chipper/pizzeria are getting very little business.

This lunchtime was so busy cars had to park in the neighbouring housing estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Sit down, the place is so busy that the local Chinese/Chipper/pizzeria are getting very little business.

This lunchtime was so busy cars had to park in the neighbouring housing estate.

Wow, all the cuisines under the same roof. How do they do it :pac:

Hogzy wrote: »
    Wow, all the cuisines under the same roof. How do they do it :pac:

Literally ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 40 Steppin Out

JupiterKid wrote: »
    I'm a fan of BK's whoppers and I was looking at their website earlier today. While BK have about 15+ outlets in Dublin, and a couple each in Limerick and Galway, there is only one in all of Cork - on Patrick Street.

Why is this? There are about 6 McDonalds outlets in the city alone so why only the one Burger King? Is it not popular in Cork or has the fast food chain just not been able to open any additional locations - like a drive thru in the suburbs?:confused::(
    Are you over weight?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Are you over weight?

Nope. I'm average weight for a man of my height (6'1") and age (42). I eat fast food a couple of times a month as part of what I would like to think is an ok diet.

Glad to hear Cork has got a second BK. By the sounds of it there was huge demand for another one. :)

Perhaps a third will eventually open on the Southside?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,033 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Nope. I'm average weight for a man of my height (6'1") and age (42). I eat fast food a couple of times a month as part of what I would like to think is an ok diet.

That's a great response to a rude and dumbass question.
    Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

That's a great response to a rude and dumbass question.
    Nice.

Looking at his previous posts, he hasn't changed much in the last 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I can't really see the attraction with BK when we have so much good local fast food choice in Cork. Lennox's, KC's and The Golden Fry all offer decent quality burgers using local produce - I'm sure there are others around too. Even Dino's is better IMO.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I can't really see the attraction with BK when we have so much good local fast food choice in Cork. Lennox's, KC's and The Golden Fry all offer decent quality burgers using local produce - I'm sure there are others around too. Even Dino's is better IMO.

That is your opinion and yes, Lennox's do great chips but in this day and age people want choice in places to eat and having a choice is, in my opinion, a good thing. I think that BK and McDonalds can happliy co-exist in Cork with the local chippers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

That is your opinion and yes, Lennox's do great chips but in this day and age people want choice in places to eat and having a choice is, in my opinion, a good thing. I think that BK and McDonalds can happliy co-exist in Cork with the local chippers.

Certainly when the argument is BK or McDs, it is surprising why there are so few BKs in Cork. We walked past BK in Patrick Street yesterday, and it looks tired and dowdy, though in truth, it always seemed dark and dingy.

Advertisement