Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to copy images from examinations.ie past LC papers?

• 14-12-2011 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Would anybody know how I could copy images - e.g. graphs - from past papers?

I'm trying to copy the diagram here into a simple WORD document in order to have all past exam questions for a particular topic together. The text copies fine, but the graph won't.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Greenshot is very useful for those kinds of tasks :)

Nick

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Print screen and crop in your imaging prog?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

and why bother about potential copyright infringements, no-one pays attention anyway. Presumably you have the appropriate permissions from the SEC to use their material and you've read their T&Cs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

yoyo wrote: »
    Greenshot is very useful for those kinds of tasks :)

Nick

Good one. That worked on the years I couldn't copy directly. One which I could copy directly by highlighting and right clicking 'copy image' - Section B, Q2 here - curiously enough came out with the data mislabelled when I pasted it into a WORD document. Using Greenshot the data came out correctly labelled.

Thanks.

mathepac wrote: »
    and why bother about potential copyright infringements, no-one pays attention anyway. Presumably you have the appropriate permissions from the SEC to use their material and you've read their T&Cs.

Like, ARE YOU FOR REAL MISTER? :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Nobody mentioned selling or profitting from such assembled notes.

The SEC makes them freely available for people to use for their own personal use, which is what I presume Dionysus is talking about.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

spurious wrote: »
    Nobody mentioned selling or profitting from such assembled notes. ..
    Neither did I but copyright infringement may occur where the copyrighted material is not offered for sale or for profit.

I draw your attention to the following from the SEC site :-

"2.2 Users may retrieve examination material solely for their own personal, non-commercial use, as specified at 2.2 above, and may download the material to their own hard disc or send it to a printer solely for that purpose.
    They may not otherwise copy, modify, or distribute the examination material, or publish, broadcast, transmit, or otherwise distribute any portion of this material without the express written authorisation of the State Examinations Commission. Any unauthorised use is strictly prohibited. The State Examinations Commission permits no unauthorised modifications, adaptations or translations of the examination material.

The bolding is mine.
    spurious wrote: »
    ... The SEC makes them freely available for people to use for their own personal use, which is what I presume Dionysus is talking about.
    I try to avoid presumption; it can be problematic as his childish outburst above indicates.

mathepac wrote: »
    Neither did I but copyright infringement may occur where the copyrighted material is not offered for sale or for profit.

I draw your attention to the following from the SEC site :-

"2.2 Users may retrieve examination material solely for their own personal, non-commercial use, as specified at 2.2 above, and may download the material to their own hard disc or send it to a printer solely for that purpose.
    They may not otherwise copy, modify, or distribute the examination material, or publish, broadcast, transmit, or otherwise distribute any portion of this material without the express written authorisation of the State Examinations Commission. Any unauthorised use is strictly prohibited. The State Examinations Commission permits no unauthorised modifications, adaptations or translations of the examination material.

The bolding is mine.

Get a life. Thank you. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Dionysus wrote: »
    Get a life. Thank you. :o

Less comments like that please.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Can't you use the snapshot tool in Adobe Reader? Click it, drag a box around the area you want copied, and then it's put on your clipboard. Very quick and straightforward.

• Advertisement
Advertisement