Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

icloud working without ios5

• 14-12-2011 8:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hey guys
    ok you might think I am stone mad but this actually happened.

Both my firend and I have iphone four, mine has ios5 hers doesnt.

A couple of weeks ago she synced her phone with my itunes to get all my apps ect and we just logged in as my itunes login as she didnt even have one set up.

She got all my apps ect and then deleted what she didnt want.

Now heres the thing I bought my small one an ipd touch for christmas and the other night set it up and did a back up through icloud for all my apps ect to be out onto hers.

But they suddenly appeared on my friends phone too :confused: I double checked her phone and she definitly doesnt have IOS5 how on earth could this have happened???

Johanne

PS she is also has no coverage since this happened!!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It's because you are both using the same Apple ID. Automatic downloading of apps purchased on other devices was a feature of iTunes before iCloud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭jonevin

ah so even if she doesnt have IOS 5 this can happen then i didnt know that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

You can disable this on her device in the settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭jonevin

thanks dingding ill have to do that for her tomorrow

Advertisement