Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blocked hot water system?

Options
  • 14-12-2011 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

hoping for some advice. I'm a tenant in apartment block.

About 2 wks ago, the management company came around to check insulation on piping for the coming winter. While they were up there, I mentioned that the overflow was constantly dribbling, they checked the water-tank and discovered that somehow cardboard had gotten into it. So they cleared about a mop-bucket full of sopping cardboard and we ran the taps hard.

Trouble is , it seems to have moved down into the system. I can't say for sure where its blocked but firstly the shower slowed down (it runs off the bath head also) but the bath hot tap is still fine. So I think perhaps the showerhead is blocked. But I've unscrewed it and checked it and it seems ok.

The cold tap on the bathroom sink slowed to almost a trickle on the day they were here. Its stayed like that since then. Occasional debris from most of the taps even still.

Now the hot tap in the kitchen has slowed and has begun jetting i.e. splitting into multiple streams. The head seems to be designed like that but before this, the hot tap flowed as one stream and the cold still does. Ps its a mixer tap so something seems to be blocking the hot water system and not the mains drinking water. Does that all make sense?

I have a landlady who's expecting to call in two weeks with someone but I think its more urgent now ,as its already gone on 2 weeks.

Opinions re the water system and potential solutions?

ps shouldn't all water tanks be covered in this day and age?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement