Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars General discussion

Options
  • 14-12-2011 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

I guess for all the random chatter?

Just got level ten , Jedi Knight ;)

Loving it so far, hows everyone else coming along ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

stalking your jedi on your stream xD

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

I got a Jedi sentinel about half way, was about a level off getting the first ground mount before i moved over to Canada.

Outside the force leap spell i found the sentinel pretty boring to play, perhaps they dont shine until max level. But still loved playing the game, so much to it and i was playing on a ****box of a system.

Now i need to get a new gaming laptop, keeping my eyes out like a hawk for a good one, but cant decide what to go for ;(

Does anybody know when dell may do sales on the current laptops before they release their newer models ? As in would i be better to hold off till the new year before splashing out?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭GarethBah

Level 18 atm, didn't really get to play today tho so i've fallen behind :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Didnt see the other thread for general discussion, can close/del this

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

nix wrote: »
    I got a Jedi sentinel about half way, was about a level off getting the first ground mount before i moved over to Canada.

Outside the force leap spell i found the sentinel pretty boring to play, perhaps they dont shine until max level. But still loved playing the game, so much to it and i was playing on a ****box of a system.

Now i need to get a new gaming laptop, keeping my eyes out like a hawk for a good one, but cant decide what to go for ;(

Does anybody know when dell may do sales on the current laptops before they release their newer models ? As in would i be better to hold off till the new year before splashing out?

I would try Dell outlet store they don't really do sales of out of stock laptops as they run then concurrently , I would try the refurb units dell.ie/outlet but I would suggest doing your homework before buying refurb unit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Level 14 Jedi Guardian and enjoying it didn't think id like guardian compared to trooper and consular which i played in beta . but it a tank class and i enjoying it so far loving the little droid too

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

jeawan wrote: »
    Level 14 Jedi Guardian and enjoying it didn't think id like guardian compared to trooper and consular which i played in beta . but it a tank class and i enjoying it so far loving the little droid too

I've run a few flashpoints and stuff and holding aggro is nigh on impossible as a tank at low level. No taunting abilities or high threat output abilities.

Seemingly they all roll in at level 16 +

PVP is a bit silly, I'm doing well in a sense that my K;D ratio is stupidly high, and I seem to attract all the attention from the Imperial players ( jumping all over the place probably scaring folk) but my damage output is absolute piss.

The XP is sick, doing the PVP daily and winning gives you easily half a level.

Its 5k xp a win, 4k a loss and takes roughly 10-15 minutes. That is the equivilant of three quests, which takes alot longer then 10-15 minutes.

The Credit rewards is also substantial, 5k a win and 4k a loss. 10 victories and you have the money for a speeder.

My plan is to do the daily PVP quest every day, till I grba myself ten wins. Then bank the money aside for my speeder. God knows how many levels that will grant but sounds like a solid plan at this point :)

TheDoc wrote: »
    I've run a few flashpoints and stuff and holding aggro is nigh on impossible as a tank at low level. No taunting abilities or high threat output abilities.

Seemingly they all roll in at level 16 +

PVP is a bit silly, I'm doing well in a sense that my K;D ratio is stupidly high, and I seem to attract all the attention from the Imperial players ( jumping all over the place probably scaring folk) but my damage output is absolute piss.

The XP is sick, doing the PVP daily and winning gives you easily half a level.

Its 5k xp a win, 4k a loss and takes roughly 10-15 minutes. That is the equivilant of three quests, which takes alot longer then 10-15 minutes.

The Credit rewards is also substantial, 5k a win and 4k a loss. 10 victories and you have the money for a speeder.

My plan is to do the daily PVP quest every day, till I grba myself ten wins. Then bank the money aside for my speeder. God knows how many levels that will grant but sounds like a solid plan at this point :)

Pvp i didn't know this must try this later on .

Tanking aye no point till at least 14 when you get your tanking stance even then really only till 16 do you get any where , it is annoying to have your companion pulling argo off you though.

But will Diffo give the pvp a go if that is how much xp and money you give

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

If you want to make Warzones even better, pick up something like Slicing. At the minute the 'lockbox' missions are giving me anywhere in the region of 300-1000 per mission (4mins) at level 16.

Given you won't be using your companion during the warzone anyway, you can get 3/4 missions completed during it and end up adding at least 1-2k onto your winnings from the warzone itself with zero effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

TheDoc wrote: »
    Didnt see the other thread for general discussion, can close/del this

Like fcuk, it's Thread of the Day!!!! :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Ok played Some pvp last night first thing i noticed on my side every single player is Jedi Guardian bar two which was sage and Commando not one healer we got hammered in there big time . I think i may of picked a class on my server that is way over populated should gone Trooper healer like i was going to o well.

Baring that did alright in the Bg i like the way they stick you with all the other level ranged it kinda cool

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement