Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bringing Xbox to family home for xmas (issues)

Options
  • 14-12-2011 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi
    I'm going to bring my Xbox to my family home over the Christmas, just wondering will I have any issues connecting to another wifi network with Xbox live or cud I run into issues when I connect it back up at home.

I have a vague recollection of reading somewhere that a chap had a problem with his Xbox live or wifi after connecting it up at a mates house.

Your info will be much appreciated
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

mac500 wrote: »
    Hi
    I'm going to bring my Xbox to my family home over the Christmas, just wondering will I have any issues connecting to another wifi network with Xbox live or cud I run into issues when I connect it back up at home.

I have a vague recollection of reading somewhere that a chap had a problem with his Xbox live or wifi after connecting it up at a mates house.

Thanks

No you shouldn't have any problems, what you read was probably a guy having issues downloading their gamer profile to another xbox (ie not their own console)

There might be settings that need to be changed on the router, there is a thread in the useful info sticky at the top of the board if you need it

Edit: just in case here is the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭the deftone

mac500 wrote: »
    Hi

Thanks

Nope you wont have any issues. As long as you have the wifi password your set to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭mac500

That's great, yup I have the password. I'll prob have to change the firewall settings aswell cos I had to do that when I set it up to my own network, they use the same BB provider aswell so should b straight forward :)

Advertisement