Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will this run??????

Options
  • 14-12-2011 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hey i was looking for a new desktop and was thinking of getting this one was wondering if it would be able to run WOW at full graphics or not????? and if no how well will it look?

Processor Type: Intel Pentium G630 Processor

Hard Drive Size: 1.5TB

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Processor
    Type: Intel Pentium G630 / 2.7 GHz

Multi-Core Technology: Dual-Core

Cache Memory
    Type: L3 cache
    Installed Size: 3 MB

RAM
    Installed Size: 6 GB / 8 GB (max)
    Technology: DDR3 SDRAM - non-ECC

Storage
    Hard Drive: 1 x 1.5 TB - standard - Serial ATA-300 - 5400 rpm

Operating System / Software
    OS Provided: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Edition

Graphics Controller
    Type: Integrated
    Graphics Processor / Vendor: Intel HD Graphics Dynamic Video Memory Technology 5.0
    Digital Video Standard: Digital Visual Interface (DVI)

Optical Storage
    Type: DVD±RW (±R DL) / DVD-RAM - Serial ATA
    Read Speed: 40x (CD) / 16x (DVD)
    Write Speed: 40x (CD) / 16x (DVD±R) / 12x (DVD±R DL)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭GarethBah

That's a pretty bad computer it's got a dual core and integrated graphics, so i'd say not very well :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

As above, it really is terrible for gaming, considering its a desktop too. I hope your not purchasing it with real money :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 BHunter

well i got to ask were i could get a decent gaming desktop for under $500 :( id like to get one just not sure were to go lol

or would it be worth it to buy it then upgrade it here and there when i get $ cuz i know 500 is low for pc gaming

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

ye could probably pick up a decent second hand gaming rig for that much here in ireland. A year or two old with a decent video card would easily do the trick for wow on full settings.
    Video cards can be very cheap or very expensive, and in fairness for wow.. you dont need a great one to run it well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

BHunter wrote: »
    well i got to ask were i could get a decent gaming desktop for under $500 :( id like to get one just not sure were to go lol
    If you start a thread on this forum, filling out these questions, people will give you a hand sorting out a decent build for your budget.

[edit] It seems I'm a bit slow today and you've already posted the thread, good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Whats wrong with a duel core? I have a duel core and it runs wow perfectly.

That machine has an alright setup. Yeah the gfx card is weak, and IMO for wow, gfx is more important than processor because there is very little physics or animations etc to calculate.

IMO for wow, you would really want to go graphics card heavy on your machine of choice because Its a pretty game with allot of sprites and particles. This is where graphics cards come in mainly.

The slowest machine in my house will run wow at 'full res' at about 15 - 25 fps and its a p4 3ghz with a radeon something or other(cant remember, but its schit).

red_ice wrote: »
    Whats wrong with a duel core? I have a duel core and it runs wow perfectly.

That machine has an alright setup. Yeah the gfx card is weak, and IMO for wow, gfx is more important than processor because there is very little physics or animations etc to calculate.

IMO for wow, you would really want to go graphics card heavy on your machine of choice because Its a pretty game with allot of sprites and particles. This is where graphics cards come in mainly.

The slowest machine in my house will run wow at 'full res' at about 15 - 25 fps and its a p4 3ghz with a radeon something or other(cant remember, but its schit).
    The main issue with the machine above is the price. If you are going to spend $500, you can get a machine that's a hell of a lot better than the one listed.

Blowfish wrote: »
    If you start a thread on this forum, filling out these questions, people will give you a hand sorting out a decent build for your budget.

[edit] It seems I'm a bit slow today and you've already posted the thread, good stuff.

lol yeah i posted it here and then did some diging to see what i could find and saw the other thread so :p got to catch up lol, and so you all know i live in the us so gettin a used gaming pc from ireland is probally out of my budget lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

if you're in the us i'd recommend looking at the site newegg.com. I've seen some build guides online for less than 500 dollars and a lot better than that you've got there, i'll have a look for them later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Storage
    Hard Drive: 1 x 1.5 TB - standard - Serial ATA-300 - 5400 rpm

Slow and big drive that's gonna hurt load times and zoning times. I would not even buy a laptop with a 5400rpm drive in it unless it was the second drive and the OS running on a SSD.

Dual core is fine I've a dual core rig from about 5 years ago and I run wow at a high level at 19XX x 12XX (forget the exact res). That is with a cheap enough GPU (a 250 or 260 model number I think) I picked up after my original 9800 died. But honestly dont expect anything fancy out of an integrated video card.

Ok I'll have to say running full fx, full res and doing a 25man LFR can slow it down but when it comes to 10man I never see any graphic slowdowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭gimme5minutes

BHunter wrote: »
    Hey i was looking for a new desktop and was thinking of getting this one was wondering if it would be able to run WOW at full graphics or not????? and if no how well will it look?

Processor Type: Intel Pentium G630 Processor

Hard Drive Size: 1.5TB

Processor
    Type: Intel Pentium G630 / 2.7 GHz

Multi-Core Technology: Dual-Core

Cache Memory
    Type: L3 cache
    Installed Size: 3 MB

RAM
    Installed Size: 6 GB / 8 GB (max)
    Technology: DDR3 SDRAM - non-ECC

Graphics Controller
    Type: Integrated
    Graphics Processor / Vendor: Intel HD Graphics Dynamic Video Memory Technology 5.0
    Digital Video Standard: Digital Visual Interface (DVI)

That PC will easily run WoW. We are talking about a 7 year old game here, that even when it was released it didnt contain cutting edge graphics. Wow has always been developed with the intention of having it run fine on 'normal' pcs.

cool i appreciate all the input, glad to c a active gaming community lol prolly going to be building my own that will run most games out there ty all here if you got any sugest for a rig built for a $500 price point drop by http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056484461 and let me know got a few good ones and think i know what im doing but if you can 1-up some one why not help out lol

• Registered Users Posts: 17,589 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

That PC will easily run WoW. We are talking about a 7 year old game here, that even when it was released it didnt contain cutting edge graphics. Wow has always been developed with the intention of having it run fine on 'normal' pcs.

Not really. The engine has been updated numerous times through its expansions and patches. It is much more demanding now. A computer that was high-end 7 years ago is highly unlikely to get more than 10fps in new stormwind

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

kayos wrote: »
    Slow and big drive that's gonna hurt load times and zoning times. I would not even buy a laptop with a 5400rpm drive in it unless it was the second drive and the OS running on a SSD.

Been pretty annoyed by these recently, and on a side note was thinking of updating my laptop to an SSD anyways. Woul you recommend putting wow on the SSD, or is the SATA disk fine?

Shougeki wrote: »
    Been pretty annoyed by these recently, and on a side note was thinking of updating my laptop to an SSD anyways. Woul you recommend putting wow on the SSD, or is the SATA disk fine?
    I switched to an SSD about a week ago for SWTOR. It definitely makes a pretty huge difference in loading times, especially in busy areas. Whether that's worth the price or not though would depend on yourself.

Advertisement