Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If You Had The Choice.....

Options
  • 14-12-2011 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭

Between the Samsung Galaxy 2 and Iphone 4, which would you go for? I'm just looking for peoples personal opinions.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

What do you have?
    What are ya used to?

I personally had the choice and picked the iPhone 4s.
    But i've had a few android phones including the nexus one and Galaxy S so fancied a change.

Sometimes I regret it as the iPhone is a good bit more restricted, but the apps are better and the battery is also better.

iPhone has never crashed on me (yet), all my android handsets have.
    Would I get another iPhone next - prob not unless it has major canges.

In fairness I may have confused u even more now :p
    I'm a bit confused about it myself.....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Physical size of the Galaxy would put me off, as would how thin and fragile it feels. I wouldn't be overly happy with it in a jeans pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I have the Samsung GSII and although the iPhone 4S has a slightly better camera and better video recording quality, both features I care about, I'm still sticking with my GSII. If I was given an iPhone 4S I'd still use my GSII as I like the OS better and don't like how closed iOS is.

OP, what features are you looking for in a handset? The answer to this question will most likely help you decide better than any of us giving you our opinions based upon our needs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Both are smashing phones. Wouldn't turn either down.

Played with my mates SII and was blown away by it. Much more open than IOS and the big screen was a pleasure to use BUT the size did really put me off, more so when you put a case on it. Wasn't practical for me

iPhone 4, cant fault it. The size is about right with a case and IOS although restricted, is flawless and the nicest to use.

You should test drive before you buy tho and gather your own thoughts on it .Size might or might not be a issue for you and you might prefer android to IOS.

As said above tho, I wont be buying another Apple unless they do more than add a new feature or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Personally I would go for the galaxy s 2, I love galaxy and I know the way the Samsung works. In my opinion, it is the better spec and I love my Galaxy S II.

The screen is magnificent on the Galaxy and I love how big it is for browsing. Wouldn't be without it and wouldn't use any other phone now.. :)

I don't like the restrictions that apple place on their handsets and I love android. Win win for me :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement