Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BAKING!

Options
  • 14-12-2011 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭

Hello, I've gone baking mad at the moment and I've been turning out new cakes and cookies left right and center.
    Trouble is, I like to test myself by making things which I know to be difficult but I'm starting to run out of ideas.
    I'm also a big fan of baking and subsequently stuffing my face.

So, anyone got any recommendations for me?
    Something a bit tricky to do but with a delicious outcome would be perfect.

Today I made shortbread cookies, purely because I had a craving. :)
    9e1b006a269b11e1abb01231381b65e3_7.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 mewa

Macarons
    Cream Doughnuts
    Doughnuts
    Brioche
    Puff pastry
    Croissants

That kind of thing? yum

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Good on yah they look so yummy, great for dunking in a cuppa.

There's so many things you could do have you tried making cake pops, there's a thread on here with them.

Whoopie pies..not hard to make but very nummy there's an endless amount of flavours and fillings you can make.

Christmas chocolate roulade, trickier than a swiss roll and soooo much nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

mewa wrote: »
    Macarons
    Cream Doughnuts
    Doughnuts
    Brioche
    Puff pastry
    Croissants

That kind of thing? yum

Oh, Brioche! I've been meaning to try that for a while now but for what ever reason it just keeps slipping my mind.

Puff pastry and Croissants are definitely on the list too.
    I'm thinking of being seasonal and making puff pastry mince pies.
    I've already done the shortcrust ones and they turned out great. :)
    Good on yah they look so yummy, great for dunking in a cuppa.

There's so many things you could do have you tried making cake pops, there's a thread on here with them.

Whoopie pies..not hard to make but very nummy there's an endless amount of flavours and fillings you can make.

Christmas chocolate roulade, trickier than a swiss roll and soooo much nicer.

I've been thinking of doing cake pops actually. I saw them a while back on the food network and since then they've been popping up everywhere. I'll be trying them soon I think. :)

Is the roulade what americans call yule log?
    If so I think that's a runner too. I love that kind of thing but my girlfriend (baking buddy) isn't into them. Might be a solo act for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

homemade profiteroles and eclaires etc. Choux pastry is tricky enough, but they look good when they come out perfect.

French macaroons are supposed to be difficult too, although when I made them, they looked good, but they taste like cardboard.

or try making cake decor too, like meringue mushrooms.

Advertisement