Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone lend me a box for a seagate HDD?

Options
  • 14-12-2011 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Granted, it's a bit of a strange request...

I need to RMA a seagate 500gb HDD that I bought from adverts.ie (it was a factory refurbished disk). It's been making worrying noises for a week now, and finally gave up the ghost today. Seagate have accepted it for RMA, but I don't have the packaging to send it back to them as I bought it with only an antistatic bag on it!

TL;DR, I was just wondering if anyone would be kind enough to lend me the box of a seagate hard drive to send back to them.

They will return the box with a (hopefully working) new drive in it, so I can return it.

Thanks!

Edit: I'm in Dublin by the way

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

You're sure you need the box? Most hard drives don't come with one, they just come in a simple plastic yoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Markd250

They have instructions on their site for packaging returns, they prefer returns in their original boxes. They will also accept it in a corrugated box surrounded by 2 inches of foam rubber. I can bodge it together, just thought I'd check if anyone had a box lying around I could borrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

If it's a bare drive (most are), it won't have come with a box, just a very simple plastic clip-shut thing (like you get certain fruit in). You should be fine with your own box.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭dannyd20

I sent back a 4yr old 500gb SATA2 7200RPM Barracuda (5yr warranty) to Seagate in Holland about 3 months ago. The sata connector had broken off. I wrapped it in antistatic, some foam from a new motherboard package and put it in a smallish cardboard box. i.e. not original packaging.

They sent me back a brand new replacement about 3 weeks later. Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Markd250

Thanks, I'll see what kind of Blue Peter job I can do!

• Advertisement
Advertisement