Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what the hells going on

Options
  • 14-12-2011 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

some one has taken all my notes from my desk.
    about ten inches of sheets and notes etc.
    why would some one take them/move them/bin them
    they are not in the lost and found box's
    they have not been left in with the librarian
    any advice
    seriously stressed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

Had you left your desk for a long time and someone else had wanted to use it?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭munchie14

well it wouldnt be a prime position now. was on the second floor along the window on the arts block side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭seantorious

munchie14 wrote: »
    well it wouldnt be a prime position now. was on the second floor along the window on the arts block side

Doesn't matter if the area was prime real estate or not. Its exam week.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭munchie14

prime as in you wouldnt get a plug to it unless you have an extension lead which i have. and the library is not as busy as 3-5days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

Not a lot I can really suggest other than checking the other desks around where you were and asking the librarians to keep an eye out.

Sorry to hear about the misfortune - it's always rough when that kind of thing happens.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

munchie14 wrote: »
    prime as in you wouldnt get a plug to it unless you have an extension lead which i have. and the library is not as busy as 3-5days ago.

Well any seat is a prime seat. Not everybody needs/wants a laptop when studying. So you shouldn't really leave your seat for too long at this time of year. A seat, any seat can be valuable.

But that is neither here nor there, they should not have dumped your notes. That was a shítty thing to do.

Double check today if they were handed in. I'm presuming they were not moved by library staff (as they can be if a desk is left unattended, although you will be given the warning note first)

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

It used to really piss me off when people would dump their stuff over tables and leave for ages, especially in exam week.

Of course, that doesn't excuse the fact that your notes have been dumped, its not called for.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Bluefox21

Very unlucky. In fairness I hate when people leave stuff on desks but I've often left my stuff when I go out for lunch and I'd be surprised if the majority in here didn't. I can only imagine someone assumed you had left and just wanted to throw them out (easy to assume if it was just a pile of sheets)

Only thing I'll say is you would not be able to cover ten inches of notes in the next few days anyway and trying to remember, recall or rewrite some of them will definitely help you in the exam. No point stressing about it now.

Good luck!

Advertisement