Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hawke nite eye - any good

Options
  • 15-12-2011 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I was just offered a hawke nite eye 6.5-20x50 IR scope for €100. It's brand new and still in the box,never even seen a set of mounts. Would it be worth buying as a back up scope? I've heard stories about losing its zero quickly and iffy reticles. Any opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

Doesn't hold zero all that great but more than acceptable for 100 quid. You get what you pay for. I wouldn't put it on anything other than 22 though; that's what I have on mine, but I'd changed it if I used it more than I do at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

Couldn't say it better than that - I've that exact scope on a air-rifle and it's perfect for the job, but I wouldn't put one on anything that's working beyond 100m.

Can't speak for the drift as mines not subject to recoil (or at least, nothing even remotely considerable)

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Longranger

Thanks lads. That's the way I've been thinking. My mate has one on his marlin hmr and he reckons its ok but I just want a few more opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

I have one on my 22 and its ok for what im doin never seen one on a big scope they do fog up on really cold nites sometimes abit hard to see in heavy rain at nite but under the lamp and filter the lense is very clear also a run shade would make it a better scope but i work and shoot will all this and still hit what im aiming at apart from pulling shots and just plain missing

Advertisement