Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cill Ard, Bohermore

Options
  • 15-12-2011 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Hey there, thinking of moving into Cill Ard in the new year, what's the area like, does anyone know, is it noisy safe etc? the usual really, looks like a nice spot nice location, the only think that puts me slightly off it, is that I know for a fact there was how shall i put it, girls off the night operating out of a house there in the not so distance past. A guy from work who as he openly admits treats himself everynow and again, has visited girls there before. I'm not sure if thats still in operation.

Has anyone here lived or is currently living in the estate any feedback for me. Safety would be the number one priority for me.

Thanks in advance :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I have no problem with the place, though I am a heavy sleeper so the noise of drunken passers-by doesn't effect me much (and there will be drunken passers-by shouting every few nights). Never noticed any trouble but I have seen broken glass strewn about on the pavement on occasion. Overall, I'd say it's fine; not the quietest but not intolerable.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭halfback5

I have no problem with the place, though I am a heavy sleeper so the noise of drunken passers-by doesn't effect me much (and there will be drunken passers-by shouting every few nights). Never noticed any trouble but I have seen broken glass strewn about on the pavement on occasion. Overall, I'd say it's fine; not the quietest but not intolerable.

cheers for your reply, suppose your going to have everywhere really, theres a parking slot available with the apartment,just wondering would it be safe to park there judging by what you've just said

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

halfback5 wrote: »
    cheers for your reply, suppose your going to have everywhere really, theres a parking slot available with the apartment,just wondering would it be safe to park there judging by what you've just said

Check out this link for a run down on different places in Galway. Not everywhere is loud. It's not all that safe for parking based on the last couple of years. I didn't live there but no people that have who had their antenna snapped off. Kids go a bit crazy around there.

http://thecityfathers.wordpress.com/2011/12/14/looking-for-accomodation-in-galway/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

I lived there for nearly 2 years and never had any bother in the place. We lived in the first block of houses and can't remember ever having a problem with noise either.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭schween

I never had problems there. It's a nice estate. I live in around the green area...never heard any drunks nor any broken glass. And what's this about a brothel and you being worried about you're safety? I didn't realise they are dangerous! Although I wouldn't like to live near one for noise reasons!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

I rented there a couple of years ago, nice estate and brilliant location. Never any trouble with car and in the year I lived there I never saw or heard any drunks!
    I was at end of estate in front of the green. My bedroom was at back of house and the only issue for me was the noise of the trollies and deliveries from tesco every morning! I was up early for work every morning anyway but annoying on your day off

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Doctor_Socks

Had friends living there that loved the place, they were in the first block of apartments on the way in and said they never had problems with noise or car being messed with. Only thing that used to drive them crazy was their neighbours friends used to have a bad habit of blocking them in by parking behind their car!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

halfback5 wrote: »

I think its the availability of "parking slots" that's putting the op off :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭BESman

Definitely one of the better estates in Galway, especially considering its almost city centre location. Not much noise, not a lot of students either.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

scholar007 wrote: »
    I think its the availability of "parking slots" that's putting the op off :D

shirley you mean porking sluts!!!!:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

I lived in one of the apartments on the green last year and had no complaints. Never saw any bother or had noise problems and it was very handy for town etc. Not sure about parking, I had no car, but for everything else it was ideal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 327 ✭✭LimGal

Dont do it..............its Bohermore..........

Advertisement