Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If men could have babies, would you?

Options
  • 15-12-2011 3:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭

Say scientists discovered a way for men to carry a baby, via some sort of complex process like reverse ejaculation into a temporary reproductive site (don't worry about the science bit, this clearly isn't a biology thread)

Would you opt to carry a baby instead of your wife or girlfriend carrying it?

Would you feel less useful to the relationship if she were out earning money while you were attending birth classes?

Would you be scared about the labour pains? (I envisage that the baby would be pooped out)

Would you be worried about the impact of the pregnancy on your body?

Personally I wouldn't go for it, but I'd be interested to hear what other's think, and whether there's anything to be said for pregnancy as an experience.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

dear god no, i wouldnt even put a woman through it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

later10 wrote: »

No, not natural

Would you feel less useful to the relationship if she were out earning money while you were attending birth classes?
    Classes me arse, women have been havin babies for years,now, they should know what to do.

Would you be scared about the labour pains? (I envisage that the baby would be pooped out)
    No

have you seen my body??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Too much pushing.

dear god no, i wouldnt even put a woman through it

Same. I couldn't enjoy myself lobbing it in to her knowing the pain and suffering she'd be going through in 9 months time. I'd rather choke the chicken tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

wow not really liking the image the op has created.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Definitely, just to prove to myself that a kick in the balls is way more painful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

f*ck no.

I couldnt be held responsible for bringing some little bastard into the world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Say scientists discovered a way for men to carry a baby, via some sort of complex process like reverse ejaculation into a temporary reproductive site (don't worry about the science bit, this clearly isn't a biology thread)

Personally I wouldn't go for it, but I'd be interested to hear what other's think, and whether there's anything to be said for pregnancy as an experience.

Is that like backwanking?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Erm... where would it come out? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

sup_dude wrote: »
    Erm... where would it come out?

The mouth obviously, the same way it is with women.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Nope, sometimes trying to squeeze out a small sh*t is painful enough I don't think I could manage a couple of Couric's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

**** that. I'm not having some dude trap me in a relationship while getting up the damo. You can stick your child support too, you filthy slag.

*runs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Depends... what hole does the baby come out of?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

Nah i hate children :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

As I said, I envisage a baby covered in blood and poop. Theoretically it would be expelled rectally.

Otherwise, try not to concern yourself too much with the science, the question is just hypothetical.

I must say I think it is pretty brave of women to get themselves up the duff.

Not sure I'd have the balls for it, myself.

I must say I think it is pretty brave of women to get themselves up the duff.

Not really. It's like an Interrupt Service Routine on a microcontroller

They could be perfectly normal one minute and then "I want to push out a screaming child through my fanny and spend the next 30 years looking after it" and then back to normality. I just stand back and shake my head

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

I'll feel like I'm having one on Stephen's day after the previous 24 hours' eating.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

I envisage that I'd head into work at 8am, take a half day and have the baby in the afternoon, be in the pub by 8.30pm, maybe take a long weekend and be back in work on the Tuesday.

I'd do it in half the time too. Women milk it tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

eth0 wrote: »
    Not really. It's like an Interrupt Service Routine on a microcontroller

They could be perfectly normal one minute and then "I want to push out a screaming child through my fanny and spend the next 30 years looking after it" and then back to normality. I just stand back and shake my head
    Yes, I did think of that.

I wonder if it's really bravery on a conscious level, or are they just stuck in a biochemical trance,so to speak, and not thinking clearly.

Surely nobody in their right mind would submit to the presumed agony of childbirth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Having a good ****e is enough for me thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Theoretically it would be expelled rectally.
    Uh, then no. Passing something the size of a baby would probably rupture your rectum and kill you, or at least leave you with some wicked anal fissures. Vaginas are built to take that kind of punishment.
    try not to concern yourself too much with the science
    If you want people to volunteer for this project I think you need to be more forthcoming.
    If you could make babies in the anus, why aren't there more pregnant gay men?
    This isn't holding up to scientific scrutiny at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

maxfresh wrote: »
    Nah i hate children :pac:

Well I like them but could never eat a full one :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Can you sell the baby?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

eth0 wrote: »
    Too much pushing.

I agree. I push people's buttons, I push my luck, but there is no way I would push a small creature through me hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Not sure I'd have the balls for it, myself.

I believe that not having balls is a requirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

If men could have babies the population would get steadily smaller.:p

Man flu?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

I could give birth to a child but don't expect me to be sexually active afterwards. Or continent. Or able to walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

It would have to come out your jap's eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Hell yeah. C-section followed by maternity leave. Easy money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

If men could have children, abortion would be a sacrament.

Advertisement