Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If men could have babies, would you?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,997 ✭✭✭✭bnt

If you're going to ask a guy to do something like that, the next question is going to be about the gory details. That's how we think - most of us, at least. It is one major way in which men differ from women, we naturally ask such questions before we start a project. So, because I've thought about how it might work in practice, I'm going to say an emphatic No. :eek:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

later10 wrote: »
    Say scientists discovered a way for men to carry a baby, via some sort of complex process like reverse ejaculation into a temporary reproductive site (don't worry about the science bit, this clearly isn't a biology thread)
    The main problem would be that if the man opted to carry the baby, the process of baby-making would be a whole lot less fun for both parties.
    Would you opt to carry a baby instead of your wife or girlfriend carrying it?
    If it was a viable option whereby the risks to both me and the child were equal to a normal pregnancy and it didn't require ridiculously drastic surgery like removing half my intestines to make room, having breast implants or shaving down my hip bones, then I think I would be willing to flip a coin for it.
    Would you feel less useful to the relationship if she were out earning money while you were attending birth classes?
    Because pregnant women do nothing but sit around all day and attend the odd birth class?
    Would you be scared about the labour pains? (I envisage that the baby would be pooped out)
    Pooping out is not an option. Your rectum would never recover from the trauma. A vagina will. I'd be comfortable enough with a C-section though.
    Would you be worried about the impact of the pregnancy on your body?
    Probably not. A few stretch marks, a scar across my stomach. As a man, I'm not all that concerned about what I look like when I take my top off at the beach. Plus, body hair covers lots of these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I'd become a surrogate and rent my box out to the highest bidder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Well I can already make sandwiches but why would I want to?

-Funk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Wouldn't fancy the breastfeeding part

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Oh Heeeeelllllll no! Sure most men can't even put a new roll of toilet paper in the bathroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I have enough trouble getting fat shìtes out me, let alone a fecking baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

I can only imagine the moaning if guys could get pregnant if you's are bad enough with man flu.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Don't mess with with Mother Nature.

As my Mammy said if men could give birth to babies there would never be a second.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

9 months off work with pay !
    I'll have triplets please. ( 1 after the other )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Do I get TITS ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Pooping out is not an option. Your rectum would never recover from the trauma. A vagina will.
    As I said, try not to concern yourself with the science or the mechanics. This is not a biology thread. There is no mid-term on this.
    seamus wrote: »
    Because pregnant women do nothing but sit around all day and attend the odd birth class?
    Don't forget attending their secret social welfare fraud circle

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

dunno if I can stretch the japs eye that much !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Get onto the pill and keep her trying 24/7
    Happy days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

If men could have children, abortion would be a sacrament.

This is so true.

Advertisement