Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gears 3: Lost most of my data.

Options
  • 15-12-2011 3:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭

I turned it on and the first thing I was brought to was "choose your brightness setting" and my player name was "Player 1".....i restarted the game and my Gamertag appeared again but most of my stuff has been reset to default.

I've lost all my collectables, and all my achievement progress is gone. So I have to start again to earn some of the achievements I was so close to getting.

I played online and it was giving me tutorials on all my weapons again and then giving me "Complete 1/10 TDM matches" messages etc.

What is going on? The last time I played, I had everything fine. That was like a day ago! :(

Did anyone else ever experience this problem and find an answer?

Kind of unhappy about it like because most of the stuff I was close to unlocking was just a waste of time now :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

I have heard to this happening over on the gears forums a good bit. It seems that it happens when people switch their console off after a match while the game is updating your stats on the servers, it corrupts your save.

Unfortunately there is little that can be done for you now, unless you made a back up. For others, backing up your data is highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭SweetEmpathy

Jesus. I'll be more careful turning it off from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Ah jaysus. It's nothing worth crying over I suppose but if there's anything I'm more annoyed at than anything is that I'll have to start the campaign on hardcore difficulty again if i want to unlock insane, which I already did and started aswell.

Thankfully I think I've saved all my medals and badges, basically my online stats/data are safe.

I should be more careful next time if what you say is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

This happened to me for the first few days of the game. Messed around with it the first day, few bots matches to get used to things and when i went back to it the following day i discovered my saved data was corrupted (no biggie).Got through the first stage of Act one that day, autosaved and went back to it the next day and guess what completely gone.
    It was seriously annoying going through it all again (alot of cut scenes) but after that it never happened again. Great campaign mode I must say. Think il go through it again over Christmas.

Advertisement