Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 3g recovery mode problems

Options
  • 15-12-2011 4:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hy guys.
    i dunno what to do anymore..i spent like 9h trying to figure it out but no succes till now.
    so here is my problem.
    windows platform, iphone 3g. tryed to upgrade to 4.2.1 but somehow failed.
    tryed with redsn0w,sn0wbreez, itunes ...nothing..
    with redsn0w aftar it copies the firmware to the phone, when it reboots and starts with the writting, i get an error somewhere like "mounting rootfs as read-writte error" and after this it repeats it'self in some coding and text and never moves on to next step.
    with itunes in recovery mode at firs i got the 1015 error, but now i get the 1611 error and it doesnt pass the "preparing iphone for restore" step.
    i've reinstall itunes from scratch, deleted all folders related to it, nothing.i have latest version.
    ive tyed umbrella, iREB..and about everything that i could find on the web...with no results..
    my last options are to reinstall windows, maybe i've f***ed it up, or buy another USB cable, but its a long shot.
    i have win 7 64 bits.
    i dunno what else i can say..im exausted and very angy, is the least i can say..PLS can anyone help me???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Was the phone unlocked using the iPad baseband?
    If so you need to
    put the phone in pwned dfu mode(using redsn0w)
    Delete any apple entries from windows host file and reboot.
    In iTunes restore a custom 4.2.1 either downloaded or created using pwnagetool or sn0wbreeze.
    That it

Btw redsn0w only jailbreaks the phone after a successfull restore, it does not update firmware!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 staicamusc

i've done the hard way..
    ive reinstall windows, i bought another USB cable, and done exactly waht u said, except the host thing, because i had no entryes in hosts.
    and voila..aparently it works.
    although the win reinstall wasnt necesary.the stupid cable was the fault..
    tnx for your support anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

staicamusc wrote: »
    i've done the hard way..
    ive reinstall windows, i bought another USB cable, and done exactly waht u said, except the host thing, because i had no entryes in hosts.
    and voila..aparently it works.
    although the win reinstall wasnt necesary.the stupid cable was the fault..
    tnx for your support anyway.

If you have not got tinyumbrella download it!
    Run tiny start TSS click save (bare with me here going by memory) then go to the bottom of the screen un click host file if you need a clean restore from iTunes which you do!! then now don't close tiny open iTunes run update/restore point to 4.2.1 hit ok now you should get to the end.

Ps make sure you have the iPad baseband downloaded and point to that as that's the only baseband you will be able to unlock.

i already have bb 06.15.00
    but after i restore to 4.2.1 FW i realized that i have no carrier signal (it's not locked, or so i think) and the wi-fi doesnt see my router and i cant connect.
    f0rcast say that its all green but "unlockable?" its red "no".
    what does that mean?

Download ultrasn0w from Cydia and respring
    Try putting phone right on top of router and see if it finds it

• Advertisement

ok fixed my issue with the carrier signal, now it woks.
    found a tutorial on Youtube for thoes who have no wifi connection.
    not my biggest issue is the no wi-fi problem.
    i've tryed to resset the network settings like 3 times now..nothing.
    i have my router on, my galaxy s finds it and works perfectly but my iphone cant see the network.it turns on-off but with no network availability.ive looked on the web and tryed about everything but to open my case and start mendling around..
    i cant put my finger on it..maybe it has smthing to do with the modem firmware..the 06.15.00? dunno...
    i'll continue to search wide and high the web..maybe ill find smtng to fix it..if anyone has some ideea or perhaps a solution, do pls share :D.

If you can find the network with the phone right on top of the router its a bad or unplugged antenna.
    If it doesn't find the network with the phone right on top of the router the wifi chip needs to be reflowed, I haven't had much luck reflowing wifi chip usually works for like 5 minutes, an hour, a day and then go's back to being the same

Advertisement