Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dishwasher and circuit breaker

Options
  • 15-12-2011 10:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hey all,

Total newbie question for you. When we turn on the dishwasher (as in press the power button, which doubles as the button that actually starts the process of washing the dishes, assuming the right settings are in place) the circuit breaker on the wall goes off. I take it that that is a problem inside the machine itself and not something a bit more obvious like the fuse in the devices plug or something that a noob like my good self would miss?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

yes its most likely the appliance
    if you can access the socket and plug a different appliance in instead ,this will confirm it for you
    any chance of a picture of the circuit breaker or is the rcd tripping

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Gocman

My dishwasher trips the electric when goes into discharging the waste water in its first 20 mins of the cycle no water is leaking from the machine cant figure it out any body have any ideas before I have to call an engineer out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭concur4u?

sounds like the pump is faulty ie when it comes into circuit its tripping the rcd
    is the rcd tripping or the mcb?

Advertisement