Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android noob

• 15-12-2011 11:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I got myself an Asus EEE Pad Transformer a month or so ago and I'm still a little confused about the whole Android OS compatibility thing. I've downloaded quite a few apps and things, and it seems like they'll download successfully, but then fail to install - the download completes, but there's no app, no widget, etc. I found a place in the settings before where it listed failed installs, but I can't find it anymore. (The most recent example was Zynga poker)

Anyway, I'm not too concerned as up to now, it's been all free apps, but now there's a few I want to pay for. I'm worried that I'll pay my money, and then it'll just do what it's been doing, charge me 5 bucks, download it but fail to install.

It seems that even if an app states that it's compatible with Android x.x.x and you have above that, it could still be down to hardware or anything else - is it possible to tell ahead of download whether the app will definitely work with my pad?

Advertisement