Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can' sell my gun :(

Options
  • 15-12-2011 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, I have been trying to sell my shotgun but I'm not sure what's the best way to go about it. I have not been shooting for years so have lost contact with people at the local club. I have it up here on boards.ie for what I think is a reasonable price. What other options do I have? Would a gun dealer sell find a buyer for me and would I get a fair price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

Everything will sell if the price is cheap enough.

A gun dealer may take it in. They weren't keen a few years back- but I was told lately that dealers here cant keep SH shotguns in the rack. People that previously would have stretched to a new gun just dont have the funds anymore...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

as glensman said if its cheap enough it will sell,

IMO knocking 200 quid off what you paid for 3 years ago wasn't that cheap a buy.

I know you have dropped the price down more now.

some people seem to have a rule of thumb where they look to pay half the price of the gun new if its second hand, but again that depends on the condition.

see if a RFD will take it in and sell it on, he will take a nice chunk of the profit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

Second hand guns have dropped so much in price in recent years and it's a bad time of year to sell too. If your in no hurry to sell, you can wait around for someone with the right cash, but it seems to me that to get rid of a gun quickly now it has to be a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Full Bore

Try http://openseason.ie/irishguntrader got a huge response to my ad
    and more important a sale :D

Advertisement