Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving houses, impossible

Options
  • 15-12-2011 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭

Hi eircom,

I am moving houses this weekend. I contacted eircom 3 weeks ago to have everything organized and the experience is turning into a nightmare.

I moved houses also 3 years ago and the transfer was perfect on the eircom side. I dont know what is wrong now.

This is my last resource to get some help. My next step is to cancel eircom all together and get a different provider.

I have been with eircom since for 8 years and I am overall happy, but I can not tolerate this any longer.

Regards,
    Gustavo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

gzoladz wrote: »
    Hi eircom,

I am moving houses this weekend. I contacted eircom 3 weeks ago to have everything organized and the experience is turning into a nightmare.

I moved houses also 3 years ago and the transfer was perfect on the eircom side. I dont know what is wrong now.

This is my last resource to get some help. My next step is to cancel eircom all together and get a different provider.

I have been with eircom since for 8 years and I am overall happy, but I can not tolerate this any longer.

Regards,
    Gustavo

Hi Gustavo,

I have your current details from before, can you PM me with the address you are moving to and I will look into it for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Hi Mark,

Luckily it has just got back on track and I have an appointment organized now. Thank you for offering your help, hopefully I will not need to bother you.

I will keep you updated on how it goes anyway.

Regards,
    Gustavo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 well its like this

I recently moved house also.
    Eircom assured me that the line was up and running.
    So I connected my phone, and the new router that was just sent out and nothing. There are 4 connection points in the house, none of them seem to be active.

Despite multiple calls Eircom assure me all is connected ok. This has been going on for a few days now and still waiting for an engineer to show up, but of course it couldn't be more vague as to when this is likely to happen, and I need to plan time off work in advance.

Anyone got any ideas? They guy who just moved out seemed to have an active phone line so am a bit puzzled by this.

Hi Mark,

Luckily it has just got back on track and I have an appointment organized now. Thank you for offering your help, hopefully I will not need to bother you.

I will keep you updated on how it goes anyway.

Regards,
    Gustavo

Hi Gustavo,

No problem. Thanks for getting back to let me know.

Thanks, Mark

I recently moved house also.
    Eircom assured me that the line was up and running.
    So I connected my phone, and the new router that was just sent out and nothing. There are 4 connection points in the house, none of them seem to be active.

Despite multiple calls Eircom assure me all is connected ok. This has been going on for a few days now and still waiting for an engineer to show up, but of course it couldn't be more vague as to when this is likely to happen, and I need to plan time off work in advance.

Anyone got any ideas? They guy who just moved out seemed to have an active phone line so am a bit puzzled by this.

Hi well its like this,

There can be times where we attempt to connect the line electronicaly, and if there is an fault problem on the line the connection won't complete.

In that case a technican needs to go out and complete the connection.

If you PM me with the order number I can look into it for you,

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Hi Mark,

Happy 2012! - just to confirm that the move has now been completed and everything went well since the incident described last month related to organizing the appointment with the technician to get the phone set up.

The speed is also good as I get an average of 6.5Mbps on a 8Mbps package.

Where I want a little help is in the following, I am trying to find out the max speed that my new line would support, should I decide to go for the 24 Mbps package. The technician said 12 Mbps, but the reps over the phone said 24 Mbps.

Can you please validate this to me? My phone number remains the same, please let me know if you need anything else.

Kindest regards,
    Gustavo

Hi Mark,

Happy 2012! - just to confirm that the move has now been completed and everything went well since the incident described last month related to organizing the appointment with the technician to get the phone set up.

Where I want a little help is in the following, I am trying to find out the max speed that my new line would support, should I decide to go for the 24 Mbps package. The technician said 12 Mbps, but the reps over the phone said 24 Mbps.

Can you please validate this to me? My phone number remains the same, please let me know if you need anything else.

Kindest regards,
    Gustavo

Hi gzoladz,

Can you Pm me with your new eircom account number or telephone nunber and I will look into that for you.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

Kindest regards,
    Gustavo

Hi Gustavo,

I got your details thanks I will look into your speed query and get back to you tomorrow.

Thanks, Mark

Bump!

Hi Mark,

Kindest regards,
    Gustavo

Hi Gustavo,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I was waiting for the broadband to be re-tested from the exchange. That was done on the 07/01/2012.

The maximum speed on the line is "up to 12MB". If a customers line qualifies for 9MB or above, the customer is eligable to go for the NGB Ultimate "up to 24MB" this is subject to line limitations, so maybe the engineer said you can avail pf the "up to 24MB package"?

However "up to 12MB is the best available on the line.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Thank ou Mark, so if in the future I want to get faster speeds I need to change provider or there is plan to upgrade the infrastructure?

Thank ou Mark, so if in the future I want to get faster speeds I need to change provider or there is plan to upgrade the infrastructure?

Hi gzoladz,

I checked with our network section and there is no upgrades planned in the near future in which I can give an indication if your line will be capable of higher speeds.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement