Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Theatre and Event Centre Tickets

Options
  • 15-12-2011 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

i got tickets for my parents for christy moore, can anyone recommend a good hotel that i can book them into please?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

rothai wrote: »
    i got tickets for my parents for christy moore, can anyone recommend a good hotel that i can book them into please?

OP - The Royal Theatre is part of the Travellers Friend hotel, could be very busy though.
    A 2 min walk away is the Harlequin hotel.
    A 15 min walk away is the Welcome Inn, not sure what its like tbh.
    Breaffy house is a 10 min drive away, lovely spot.

Westport is 15/20 mins drive away, loads of hotels there.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭rothai

cheers yop,whats the harlequin like do you know?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

cheers yop,whats the harlequin like do you know?

I think they call it "Boutique" :D

Its nice, I have eat there and its a nice modern clean hotel. If you want a cosy hotel though with a fire and that its not the place. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭rothai

cosy...with a fire...that sounds nice where can i find such a hotel?

cosy...with a fire...that sounds nice where can i find such a hotel?

Think Breaffy House is the nearest for that sort of comfort.

Westport has a good choice if they were driving to and from the concert as a taxi might cost around 25 euro or so, so it might not be an option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Well the Harlequin is a nice hotel and the big advantage it has is the you can walk straight from the hotel to the theatre without leaving the building. By the way, Yop, is the fireplace gone from the Front Bar in the TF?

I didn't spot it there last week when I was in, in saying that though I wasn't really looking for it! :)

Advertisement