Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrests

Options
  • 15-12-2011 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

I caught the tail end of a news report on Nova this morning about 4 people arrested trying to break into commercial premises in Greystones last night. Anyone have any more info?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭wardie214

Thanks Plastik.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Alan_P

The commercial premises involved was likely Supervalu or one of the shops in the Meridian Centre. I was walking by Supervalu last night and there were 2 squad cars and a plain clothes car in the Supervalue entrance, lights flashing.

I'd been wondering what it was all about till I saw the news reports this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

One of the reports I saw said it was a supermarket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Dublin Chick

I don't think it was Supervalue. I live in the apartments @ The Meridian centre and what I saw was a car pull into Supervalue at speed and try to drive between Supervalue car park and the Meridian centre. They ran into the barrier between the two on that little pathway. In pursuit of them were about 3 unmarked cars and 2 police cars so at that point they were being chased and trying to get away.

There ended up being 6 unmarked that I could make out and 3 police cars and about 20 police / detectives.

Two of the guys taken away were wearing white boiler suits with hoods.

It was all very exciting down my way for a bit last night :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

ARMED gardai foiled a planned robbery last night after a surveillance operation on a crime gang.

Detectives intercepted the four-man gang as they were about to take the day's takings from a supermarket.

The operation was part of a crackdown on criminals suspected of organising pre-Christmas robberies.

Officers from the Organised Crime Unit moved in as the gang were about to hold up staff at a supermarket in Greystones, Co Wicklow, shortly after 9pm.

The gang tried to make a getaway and crashed through a few barriers before colliding with a garda patrol car.

Four suspects were arrested shortly afterwards, and gardai recovered baseball bats and a hatchet.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/planned-supermarket-holdup-foiled-by-gardai-2964941.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Dublin Chick

I don't think it was Supervalue. I live in the apartments @ The Meridian centre and what I saw was a car pull into Supervalue at speed and try to drive between Supervalue car park and the Meridian centre. They ran into the barrier between the two on that little pathway. In pursuit of them were about 3 unmarked cars and 2 police cars so at that point they were being chased and trying to get away.

There ended up being 6 unmarked that I could make out and 3 police cars and about 20 police / detectives.

It was all very exciting down my way for a bit last night :eek:

Ok looks like I got the whole thing a bit mixed up. They were trying to rob Supervalue and what I saw was them trying to get away from the scene once they knew there was someone onto them, hence the panic of trying to drive to the Meridian centre :)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭mirrorball

Surely not these guys???!!!:eek:

breaking-bad5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Well done to the cops. Fair play to them. S

Advertisement