Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mulled Wine

Options
  • 15-12-2011 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hey, headed in along town afterwards with the girlfriend to soak up some xmas vibes and wondering is there anywhere one might find some mulled wine??
    Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

TOPDAWG2.0 wrote: »
    Hey, headed in along town afterwards with the girlfriend to soak up some xmas vibes and wondering is there anywhere one might find some mulled wine??
    Cheers!

As far as I know they serve mulled wine in Cafe Gusto on Washington Street. Not sure what time it's open until though. They have scrummy looking mince pies also (saw them on facebook!). I've never actually been there myself but looks to be a nice little place - bit of a change from a pub.

I'd say a lot of the pubs would have mulled wine this time of year too.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

PAV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Pretty sure Le Chateau is doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

No point in a new thread, has anybody come across anywhere doing it this year? All I can find is hot cider.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I've seen them serve it in Door51 last year. Right next to the Ferris wheel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

cantdecide wrote: »
    I've seen them serve it in Door51 last year. Right next to the Ferris wheel.

Door 51 shut down.

That premises has re-opened as Deep South.

evilivor wrote: »
    Door 51 shut down.

Was in there last weekend. Really cool spot. Going for an older crowd. 25 and up Id say. Defo will return though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

gimmick wrote: »
    Was in there last weekend. Really cool spot. Going for an older crowd. 25 and up Id say. Defo will return though.

What kind of vibe in there? Kind of casual?

Very relaxed tbh. That said, last weekend was the opening weekend so it probably hasn't settled yet.

I'd imagine it will be a kind of Rugby/Douglasy type crowd. I think it could have a good music policy as well. I recognise some of the owners and they have been involved in other places and have good tastes in music (ie no pop shíte).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

leahyl wrote: »
    What kind of vibe in there? Kind of casual?

The people behind House Café at the Opera House are running it - they are pushing the food vibe I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

evilivor wrote: »
    Door 51 shut down.

I don't know where my finger is but it definitely ain't on the pulse, that's for sure:P
    gimmick wrote: »
    I recognise some of the owners and they have been involved in other places and have good tastes in music (ie no pop shíte).

Sounds promising enough. Which places were the associated with?

Bodega in its old incarnation, Nancy Spains, Sextant and a few others which escape me right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

Strangely enough deep south used to be a record shop on south main street.

I was actually hoping the pubs music policy reflected said record store.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Turns out the raven does it!

Advertisement