Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russell Hobbs Toaster

Options
  • 15-12-2011 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

I bought a 4 slice toaster and kettle together about 2 months ago. Now when the handle is pressed down on the front part of toaster it emits a loud buzzing noise and both lights on the side are red. The thing is I can't for teh life of me find guarantee or receipy and I am usually religious in keeping them.
    Any idea what I could do or indeed what the problem with toaster is? :confused:
    Thank you :)

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Where did you buy it and how did you pay for it?
    Have you ever cleaned out the toaster?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

I think what Oryx is leading to is that you only need proof of purchase, and for that a receipt is ideal but a credit or laser card receipt/statement would usually suffice if you paid by card. Even without it, some places might even be nice enough to look it up in their records if you can give them enough details about date/time.

Does the manual with the toaster give any clues to the problem or is that with the receipt? The previous suggestion re. cleaning out all the crumbs is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭gagiteebo

Yes I have cleaned it out, I do it regularly. I paid for it by laser so maybe I'll have a look through my statements and find it, hopefully that will be good enough,

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

gagiteebo wrote: »
    I'll have a look through my statements and find it, hopefully that will be good enough,

It is good enough - if you can dig that out, then you will be good to go back to the shop.

Advertisement