Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weightlifting shoes

Options
  • 15-12-2011 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭

Can't remember what thread people were discussing shoes on.. but ECB/ironside are doing a group order on the Adidas PowerPerfect II for 105euro. Get in touch via the facebook page to order.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 blakeholder

Are referring to the ones found here: http://wlshoes.com/review/adidas-power-lift-trainers/ or the ones available at Dynamic fitness?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

the shoes in the link you provide are more like a lifting trainer.

They are not a weighlifting shoe as the article says itself.

that said, they do come in some nice colours..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Colours that are unavailable in the actual weightlifting shoe that I just ordered from ECB. :(

Colours that are unavailable in the actual weightlifting shoe that I just ordered from ECB. :(

you're better off with the ones you have.

all the nice colours are out of sticvk anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Agreed. If my squat doesn't improve by 20kg as soon as I put them on, someone's gettin' a dig. :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I was looking at those shoes, the Adidas PowerPerfect, on Amazon and they're $150. But I can get the Adistar shoes for $120.*

Are they really worth the ext $30?

*moving to the US for a while in January, so it's all dollar bills for me now.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Just out of interest before Santy brings me a pair of either.. What's the difference between the trainer and shoe? Besides the large price difference of course :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

I was looking at those shoes, the Adidas PowerPerfect, on Amazon and they're $150. But I can get the Adistar shoes for $120.*

Adistars are usually more expensive. Are you sure it's not the other way round. If they are cheaper it's probably only because the new model will be released for London.

Either shoe is fine though, I don't think there's a huge difference between them especially if your not going to snatch and C&J in them everyday.

Who's used romaleos? What's the heel like, it looks fairly high compared to Adidas.

Scuba Ste wrote: »

Adistars are usually more expensive. Are you sure it's not the other way round. If they are cheaper it's probably only because the new model will be released for London.

Either shoe is fine though, I don't think there's a huge difference between them especially if your not going to snatch and C&J in them everyday.

Who's used romaleos? What's the heel like, it looks fairly high compared to Adidas.

Cheers horse. The Adistar were deffo cheaper alright, amazon Market place sellers can be great.

Go for the Adistar?

they/them/theirs

Cheers horse. The Adistar were deffo cheaper alright, amazon Market place sellers can be great.

Go for the Adistar?

Yeah, if I was buy a new pair it would probably be the Adistars.

• Advertisement

Dathai wrote: »
    Just out of interest before Santy brings me a pair of either.. What's the difference between the trainer and shoe? Besides the large price difference of course :)

The Weightlifting Shoe is for performing the olympic lifts and for squatting in.

The trainer appears to be slightly less sturdy, ie, the heel can compress a little) and seems to be aimed at Crossfit/general gym wear.

Go for the Adistar?

link?

Who's used romaleos?

L has a pair of Romaleos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Same as the adistars. The molding is deceptive.

The adistars stretch an awful lot, i'd recommend getting them dress shoe size or even half a size down, they'll be a little uncomfortable for awhile but should break in well.

One thing about the romaleos is that they will murder you if you're out of position in the catch.

One thing about the romaleos is that they will murder you if you're out of position in the catch.

Cheers, I don't intend to do that too often :cool:

link?

I retract my earlier statement. The Adistar shoes on amazon only come in size 16!

What do people make of these?:

http://www.xtrainingequipment.com/2011-Pendlay-Weight-Lifting-Shoes--Yellow--Free-Shipping_p_176.html

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭COH

I retract my earlier statement. The Adistar shoes on amazon only come in size 16!

What do people make of these?:

http://www.xtrainingequipment.com/2011-Pendlay-Weight-Lifting-Shoes--Yellow--Free-Shipping_p_176.html

Ugliest bowling shoes ever.

I tried a pair of do-wins before and didn't like them at all as the heal was elevated too high, I'm not sure if that was specific to the model I tried or not but I'd stick with adidas. I have a pair of power perfects and they suit me grand

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

I'd stay away from the Do-Wins - I find the heel WAY too high. I don't think it's model specific, it's a general thing.

Imo, the adidas heel is perfect and fairly consistent across the range. Worth having a look at the specs and trying to get a heel height in an alternative brand that matches imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

Hey! Lay off the Do-Wins!

Feckin bunch of women comparing shoes.

Pullum sports online bargain bin FTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

Hanley wrote: »
    I'd stay away from the Do-Wins - I find the heel WAY too high. I don't think it's model specific, it's a general thing.

Yeah I found that too. They drove me forward in the lifts. They were a bit wobbly too and aren't as stable as the power perfects I have now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 blakeholder

All dowin shoe SUCK. They are cheaply made and have a ton of defects.

Ooo, the new Reebok Oly lifting shoes look awesome though!

Gonna grab a pair of power lift trainers. I'd imagine with the weight I'm moving at the moment I wouldn't notice the supposed compression of the heals. It'll be my first lifting shoe, so I'd prefer to play it safe and get my grounding with a basic shoe.

At the end of the day, I'll be using them for squatting and that's it. Sambas for everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭COH

It'll be my first lifting shoe, so I'd prefer to play it safe and get my grounding with a basic shoe.

Play it safe? Its a shoe! If you're going to spend money on a pair get the best ones you can.

Why are people overthinking this?! Want a pair of shoes to squat in, buy squat shoes?!
    COH wrote: »
    Play it safe? Its a shoe! If you're going to spend money on a pair get the best ones you can.

This.

I don't have 200 quid to spend on a fancy pair of shoes I'll just use for squatting. I can afford the 90$ + the small charge of shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

The newer do-wins are the same as the rogue and Pendlay shoes and have the 0.75" heel. I've a pair of VS athletics ones, which are the same as the older do wins and have the larger 1.25" heel (it's too high for me) but haven't had any other issues with them in the last 18 months but I'm gonna get something with a lower heel.

I dunno about the reebok ones, they're designed for crossfit so people can run, lift and jump in them so there's likely a compromise.

I'd get the newer do-wins if I was on a budget, the adidas if I wasn't and the Nikes if I wanted to be a big fruity peacock

Edit: do-wins are 86 englands delivered, which is about 103 euro-dollars. Adidas are 105 from Sami

I don't have 200 quid to spend on a fancy pair of shoes I'll just use for squatting. I can afford the 90$ + the small charge of shipping.

If I was you I'd buy some knock off chuck taylor converse from eBay, I got mine for a tenner. They do ok for squatting, I'd rather have them than something with a spongey heel any day.

Save the rest to put towards decent shoes.

they/them/theirs

What are spending 200 quid on? Adidas Power Perfect are here for 105 plus delivery which is less than a tenner as far as I remember.

I don't even think the Nike ones are 200? Actually how much and where can they be got. I want to be a fruity peacock.

If I were to get the best ones I can, Ramaleos or anything similar + shipping from the states would be about 200.
    Had a look on eBay and it's pretty much the same for a lot of the Adidas shoes.

I got vouchers from work for Amazon so I'll have a look later.

At the end of the day I'm just going to be that bloke with the expensive shoes and a **** squat.

I wouldn't worry about it too much lads :)

• Advertisement

What are spending 200 quid on? Adidas Power Perfect are here for 105 plus delivery which is less than a tenner as far as I remember.

I don't even think the Nike ones are 200? Actually how much and where can they be got. I want to be a fruity peacock.

Get them in a 9 so I can rob them.

Advertisement